How much do you think PS4 game will cost?

From
Tempe
I think in American currency, at least $70 for a new title game.

What about you?

$0.99 would obviously be for the minor game releases that aren't very popular. My best bet for the prices of the new generation consoles would be anywhere from $65-$70 per game with a slight chance of a majority staying at $60.

I do hope there's not a crazy price spike, games are expensive enough as it is. I've been wondering, though... why not just drop the prices to $40-$50? I'm sure $40 would attract many more customers than $60, which could end up making the game sell more copies than it would at $60 and could, then, be more profitable in the end. Don't some people buy used games soon after release just to save 10 bucks?

Hopefully the price of the next generation video games stay the same. I am used to paying $60.00 and it is not that big of a deal for me. I will be very dissatisfied if the price rises.

They will likely jack the price up for PS4 games. Lets be honest here, every single time a new gaming system or games comes out, it will be more expensive than its predecessors. That is just the way it is. The video game industry is a billion dollar powerhouse and they know that no matter how high the prices are, people will still buy the games. Its a slick premise and it works.

I'd assume it'd stay from 60 but might go up to 70 at the most, either way it won't be goin down haha

Oh my $70 for a game?! That sounds amazing, seeing as in Australia on release, for PS3 games the prices were at $89.99 :( I really wonder why the prices are relatively low though? Was it the cost of materials or rather the ease of creating discs now?

-Paul

I'm not sure how it is in the US but in the UK there are always price wars happening between stores for big releases.

I've never paid full RRP for a game due to this.

E.g. Sainsbury's (supermarket in UK) if you buy £50 worth of shopping (bi-weekly food shop cost for me) you can get (mainly FIFA/COD/Halo) a game for £25. And then another supermarket will try and undercut that somehow with a more tempting offer.

So I doubt we'll see much of a change from that model.

I'm hoping for $60. I don't see a reason why they like to push up the price for new generations. Games used to be $50 for the PS2 and Xbox, now they are $60 for the 360 and PS4. I'm thinking they will go to $70 with the reasoning that it's an new generation. If they do this, I'll be pretty disappointed, there's no reason to hitch up the price aside from greed.

The prices of the games will probably be pretty high like $60 or $70. Some of the more popular games will probably cost more, maybe up to $100 dollars. Hopefully, it doesn't go that high, and stays around the 60 dollar mark.

Back