Xbox 360 How much life left in the 360?

terryp1202

I'm strongly considering re-purchasing a 360. I jumped the gun and got rid of my 360 when the xb1 came out, and now I'm starting to regret it. The xb1 is good and all, but I miss some of the 360 fighting games like SCV, Tekken Tag 2, and the newly released Ultra SF4. I had a lot of fun battling online, and the xb1 has a serious drought of fighting games. Killer Instinct is decent, but not quite enough, and EA UFC cant' even compare to Undisputed 3. You guys think the 360 has at least another year in it?

It depends on how much you're going to use it. So many years of 360 means it's got a ton of games if you don't mind replaying old games. However, if you don't care for old games then perhaps you should just stick with the X1 and wait for its library to grow. I think the 360 should last for about 1.5 years still.

I think that honestly the Xbox360 has lots of years left in it before it actually dies out. I will tell you that although me and my buddies all have Xbox ones we still spend most of our time on our Xbox 360. We think that the Xbox 360 is the greatest thing that has ever happened to the world of video gaming period! My Xbox 360 recently gave up on me and I am going to buy a new one.

Probably another year mainstream like the poster above says. As an affordable bargain console I think it will have many like they all do once the price goes down so anyone can buy it just to play something. I remember buying a PS/2 a couple times for around $50-70 and a couple games just because I was bored so in similar situations I think it has years of replay value when it really becomes a bargain compared to the newer gen stuff.

The lack of games on the XBox One plus the huge social phenomenon that the 360 was means that it'll still take a while until the 360 'dies'. Because of it's price, availability and library of games people are still buying the 360, used or new. It will die, sure, in some parts of the world, while in others it will thrive - just like it happens with the PS2 right now.

I think the 360 has a good little while left, Judging on how long the original Xbox held on even after the 360 came out... And coding for the Xbox one is alot harder and more time consumingg/ expensive for developers, so there's an incentive to keep developing games for 360 right there.

I think the 360 has a good little while left, Judging on how long the original Xbox held on even after the 360 came out... And coding for the Xbox one is alot harder and more time consumingg/ expensive for developers, so there's an incentive to keep developing games for 360 right there.

Actually sean. It's alot easier to devs to code for the xbox one. It's not all that different from coding for a pc given the x86 architecture. Considering how fast the original xbox had support dropped I won't be surprised if games really do stop coming out the xbox 360..

i hope none.. they need to FOCUS on the xb1... this gen... forget the directx12 stuff... start getting the ball rolling.. the updates are great monthly and give inspiration but the game launches are getting rough.. everything is pushing back... game launches are months out and than they say of we need more time... than you have games like bf4 that launched and were not done... microsoft needs to hold developers accountable..
but past that till we start getting xb1 stuff as a priority the 360 will thrive and has... no need to worry about 1080 when games are 4 way cross platform...

heck im ok with microsoft doing a hardware upgrade to the xb1 if it needs to.. gives us the ddr5 or a bigger chip set... whatever.. just start focusing in on the xb1 and the consumers who have purchased it..

I think it is starting to look like there is not much life left in the traditional console no matter how much bias we want to take. PC may need to be upgraded soon. It will be interesting to see what happens over the next few years. Even Nvidia is saying that PC gaming will over take this year

The way I look at it, the console won't go away, it's just that there'll be no more games that's going to be released for it soon. If developers still make games for the original Xbox I think it would still be around. Back to the topic though, I think the 360 sill still have a few more years, maybe 2 or 3. Most games on the Xbox One are good but there still seems to be a lot of room for the real deal, not much must have games as far as I'm concerned. I think it would really depend on how much you would use your 360. The 360 has a huge library of great games so I would suggest you keep both.

Microsoft is fighting Sony's PS4 as much as possible and part of that fight is to get current 360 players to eventually upgrade to the XB One. There's a couple of ways you go about that based on the history of past console wars. First, you continue to provide content to keep people on the 360 and not go to the PS 4. Second, you make an argument (advertisements on the dashboard, in game rewards, and extremely heavy holiday marketings) for those players to move to XB One. The way you do that is to make sure people are...bingo... playing their 360's where you own the ability to market that as much as possible.

Finally, you will cut your support and your library to the past console once a certain point is reached. I'm not sure if its sales, time, or lack of interest in the past console, but you're still in the period where they are fighting for XB One customers so the 360 will remain alive a little bit longer.

Humble opinion of course.

Back