Xbox One How much will a used Xbox One sans kinect cost?

DR3 Fan

I love the Dead Rising series. I hate the kinect, and it's not from lack of trying. I bought the Kinect and multiple games for it. It engendered so much hate in me, I have no interest in trying the Kinect 2.0. Especially since all the Kinect features in DR3 sound awful. I'm trying to figure out how much to save so I can get the xbox one without my Nemesis attached.

right now its still a bundle package but the kinect is not a required at this point.

I realize that. But I'll wait the 6 months until retailers are selling it used without the kinect. It'll take me that long to save the money anyways. I'm just wondering what people think they will sell for once they become available without the Kinect, used or otherwise.

Depends how old it is really id say about £75 as aslong as it works then i'm sure it will still cost quite a bit, unless its scratched like mad so you can't hardly use it.

Take around 65$ to 75$ from the original bundle, that should be the price. Take more 50$ of it if you plan on getting one used, which i am pretty sure will happen sooner than anyone can expect it.

If i had to guess, an Xbox One without Kinect would probably be sold at $399. If I'm not mistaken, Kinect is the reason the console is even $499 in the first place. I think Kinect is similar in value to the PlayStation 4 camera. I think if the PS4 came with the camera, it would probably cost more than $399. Still, even though every Xbox One comes with Kinect, it's great that it is no longer required.

I am not sure, but you may find a few disgruntled people out there who bought one, or were given one as a gift and don't want it...so that or wait until someone takes one in to your local used game shop...but if you do the latter, don't expect to find it cheap...

They usually dock $50 for a refurbed or used console, so I expect that pricing model to be much the same. I am not sure how soon someone would flip a console right after buying it though. Seems a little silly to get it in the first place, but who knows, life happens. I expect most people who DO want to sell theirs for whatever reason will likely put it up for auction online and price-gouge it. I remember when the 360 came out and it was sold out, you could find it online upwards to $1,600 (and people paid it!).

I'd think that the price of it being used would definitely bump it down more, but the amount of usage would be a large factor. Like if there were actual visible trouble spots on the device, such as a random error or banged up metal, it would be much harder to sell I'd think.

I hope you guys are wrong about it only being 50-75 dollars off. If the kinect costs so much to make, a used console without it should be at least a hundred dollars off I would hope. And like I said, it would take me about six months to save the money to buy a console, without resorting to deperate measures. And I don't see anyone selling their console quickly, unless they break their kinect in a wild dancing frenzy, and have non other way to get a new one then buying a new system.

Back