Original Xbox How Much Would An Xbox Original Sell For Now?

dannyboy

How much money do you think you could get if you tried to sell the original Xbox console?

Not very much at all, I'd wager. Although, I don't recall ever seeing one used. I see GameCube and PS2 all the time, but not Xbox. Maybe people are just so attached to theirs that they don't try to get rid of them? Anyway, I know it's very easy to buy a PS2 for around $20, I'd imagine the same is probably true for an original Xbox.

There are some resale shops around where I live that sell them and they run about $60.

Here in the UK they are cheap as chips, no on really wants them, but with a load of games and accessories, you can probably get one for about £20-30. Have a look around on places like eBay and Gumtree if you're in the UK. People often have them and don't even bother advertising them for sale, so sometimes it's worth putting up an add on some local forum saying that you're interested in buying one.

You won't be able to get much for selling that. Most relic systems don't sell for much these days with the exception of the Sega Dreacmast.

True, the original Xbox can't be sold for big bucks these days because a lot of people have owned the system. Maybe if you wait for 50 more years and keep it in good working condition, maybe you could sell it later on for several thousand bucks. Definitely don't sell it now. It can't be considered as an antique just yet. But if you really need money, just try selling it Au eBay or Amazon.

Yeah you probably won't get that much money for an original Xbox these days. If you're lucky, you might be able to get $30 for it. If you have some games to go along with it, maybe you could manage to maybe even get $50. If you're looking to sell, I'd say skip any kind of store and try to sell it on your own. Craigslist has always worked great for me so I'd definitely recommend that to anyone.

A friend of mine got one for 25$, everything included plus one extra controller, so yeah, not going to get rich on those. Which makes me think that i really want to get a Sega Saturn somewhere in the near future, that console has some pretty nifty games!

Around here, I tend to see them sell for $30-$60 depending on the condition, whether or not you have the box it came in, and if you have controllers.
I usually don't see them though. One or two here and there.

With some of the great titles on the regular xbox I am surprised they sell for so cheap.
Knights of the old republic 1 and 2 as well as Morrowwind and Jade Empire were all great games and for some reason
not backwards compatible with the xbox one.
For such ground breaking games as these you would think they would be supported at least in a download form.
I am still finding certain titles at $100+ for regular xbox here and there so Microsoft is crazy not to introduce these classics to a new generation
though $5-$10 download, just think of the money they are missing out on.

Getting 30 dollars for the system does not seem that bad when you think about it. It can give me some quick pocket cash. Haha. Compared to the PS2 and the Gamecube, I think I get more money selling the Xbox.

I don't know maybe £50 or so depends on the condition of the certain console you speak of really if its all scratched but still works £30 as many people don't want a scratched up xbox really.

My Xbox is a great condition and have a good collection of games for it. But I understand the issue that it will not sell for that much. It is a pretty old system by today standards.

It depends on where you live and the condition of the system. $25 -$40 is pretty common. If it is brand new in the box and never opened it can go for several times that much. It won't sell as high as a never opened PS2 for some reason, but it will go for higher than a used system. If you have a special edition then everything changes.

I'd guess around $30-$50 max. It hasn't reached "classic" stage yet where the value actually goes up. Might be a while, so if you really wanted one, I'd definitely get it now!

I think you will get about £5 or £10. The only people who will buy it is shops. No one will buy the original xbox, since there's a bunch of different style xbox 360's out, and let's not forget the xbox one

Back