Xbox One How to change Parental Controls on Family Members' Accounts

KN1GHTMARE

Former Moderator
From
NJ
Website
socialclub.rockstargames.com
There a few ways to monitor or control access and usage for children on the Xbox One. One method would be to simply set the child's age which the console will use to determine what games and media they have access to. The default settings make it so that if the child is under 8 years of age, all content is turned off.

Access to Content:

Changing the Default Settings:
1. On your controller press the Xbox button to h dashboard (home screen).
2. Next use the Menu button to head to the Settings menu (or select Settings on the Home screen).

menu button.png
Photos Provided by www.XBOX.com

3. Next, you'll want to choose the family member’s account whose settings you want to edit. Select "Access to content" then select your preferred settings.

1.jpg

Web filtering

These settings allow parents to pick what websites tchildren are able to browse using the Internet Explorer.

How to Change Default Settings:
1. Press the Xbox button for the home screen.
2. Press the Menu button and again choose Settings.
3. Go to the family member’s account whose options you will edit and choose Web filtering. Finally simply pick the setting you desire.

2.jpg

Purchase choices

Xbox One allows all parents to have full control over what apps children may download from the store. Below is a brief break down:
~Blocked will allow no apps to be downloaded
~Free apps only
~Free or paid apps

To edit settings:
1. Press the Xbox button.
2. Press Menu button and choose Settings
3. Select the account you want to edit settings for and then go to Custom privacy.
4. From here you can change the purchase (download) settings.

Wow, Thanks for the info. Now I can add parental controls on this thing. I didn't know there was such an option on it. I kept on playing my games at night so my daughter couldn't see it. I appreciate you posting this on this site. If you have more tips please post more.

Wow, Thanks for the info. Now I can add parental controls on this thing. I didn't know there was such an option on it. I kept on playing my games at night so my daughter couldn't see it. I appreciate you posting this on this site. If you have more tips please post more.

Just put another one up on parental controls for guest accounts. Keep checking back, we have a long list of guides that will be up in the next few weeks.

I am having an issue with the blue ray player. I have two kids accounts set up with restrictions, but I have them both set to age appropriate to age 16. The problem I have is every time I try and play any dvd for them, I get a message on the xbox that makes me put in my code to unlock it for them, even PG movies. It says that the parental restrictions have been set for the player. It then makes me eject the disc if I don't put in the code. I don't know why... a PG and PG 13 movie should play under any profile. I have checked the three profiles on my account and they all have the proper level of access. Two kids set at up to 16 age and mine unrestricted.

Anyone have any idea why this message always appears no matter what the DVD age range is? It is very annoying because I am not always home when they want to watch a movie. If anyone can help I would really appreciate it. I have looked at all the settings and just cant figure out why there is a restriction whenever they watch any movie. It even prompted them to enter it to watch a Barbie cartoon movie.... Please help.....

Сliсking Сustоm will оffеr а wеаlth оf оptiоns, аnd yоu'll hаvе tо sсrоll tо thе right tо sее thеm аll. Thеrе аrе tоо mаny pоssiblе prоtосоls tо list hеrе, but yоu'll bе аblе tо соntrоl whеthеr yоur kids саn purсhаsе соntеnt, usе Skypе, ассеss sосiаl nеtwоrks оr shаrе thеir infоrmаtiоn with friеnds оr rаndоm plаyеrs оnlinе.

Back