How to get your clan out there?

MarcusAlverse

How do you think I should get my clan out there? I have played on the computer all the time and I am a member of another clan, but I think it is a lot easier to set up a clan with computer games because of the typing and the more connected people.

Well I don't really know how it is for computer clans, but on Xbox Live it's very easy to get a clan going. The best thing to do is be good at a game. People will follow a good player. It's best to have a mic as well, because many of the great players have them and it's good to coordinate and you get to make some friends too. Talking about Xbox, you can friend request people you play with that are good and hit them up about joining your clan. We put our website in our Xbox Live Bio, and many many people go to our site and fill out the application without having to approach them. If you want to be a respected clan though, don't just accept anyone that wants to join. SiA doesn't do that and many get turned away. We like good players and people that get along with other members. No jerks allowed basically.

You could also try to lure people from your computer games over to your Xbox games! You might be surprised at how many of them are available on both systems.

What about accepting a jerk that is a really good player? I've heard of a lot of people like this and dealt with a lot of them too. They basically are really good at the game but do not be nice.

What about accepting a jerk that is a really good player? I've heard of a lot of people like this and dealt with a lot of them too. They basically are really good at the game but do not be nice.

In my opinion, I wouldn't want to have a jerk in my clan. They'll make everyone uncomfortable and I wouldn't enjoy playing a game with them, even if they WERE really good at a game. Having a skill doesn't mean I have to put up with their crap!

Marcus, my clan really only wants players with skill and that will work as a team to win the games. Of course we don't let anyone in with a bad attitude. When we first started out we let a kid in that was always talking trash so he was booted out. Most of us are in our middle 20's to 30's in age. We aren't your random guy on the mic just talking crap to everyone. That's the sign of a good clan and a fun clan. Skill is important, but negative and confrontational attitudes won't get you in a nice clan. Remember, it's your clan. You do what you want with it. There are plenty of players out there. I know players that aren't in my clan, but I love playing with them. I have a large squad I've run with for the past 6 months, while I was playing a different game than what my clan was. Now that the game we've all been waiting for is coming out, we will be running together again. I might even take some of my friends and ask them if they want to join.

In my opinion, I wouldn't want to have a jerk in my clan. They'll make everyone uncomfortable and I wouldn't enjoy playing a game with them, even if they WERE really good at a game. Having a skill doesn't mean I have to put up with their crap!

I completely agree. It doesn't matter how skilled a person is. If (s)he turns out to be a jerk, I don't want him/her in my clan. Luckily, since I've joined my current clan, none of my friends' acquaintances proved themselves to be like that.

Back