Xbox 360 How to position your Kinect sensor properly

kevin

Contributor
Appropriate positioning of your Kinect sensor is essential for its proper functioning. While positioning your Kinect sensor, keep in mind that Kinect needs to see your entire body.

How to position your Kinect sensor

• First, you need to place your Kinect sensor near the edge on a flat, stable surface.
  • You’ll have to position the sensor between 2 feet (0.6m) and 6 feet (1.8m) from the floor. It is better to position the sensor within 6 inches (15 cm) above or below your TV.
  • Do not position the sensor in direct sunlight or within 1 foot (.3m) of audio speakers.
  • Never tilt the sensor manually; it adjusts automatically.
  • Never let the sensor drop.

Note: If your room is smaller, try to position the sensor as close to 6 feet (1.8m) as possible.

Last edited by a moderator:
I live in a tiny apartment, and I ended up buying the Nyko Zoom for like 30 bucks. It reduces the space you need to play, makes it a lot easier.

Thanks for this. I bought a Kinect for my Xbox a few weeks ago and when I set it up it would not work. I thought it was just faulty, but after seeing this I did everything you told me and it has started working. Thanks.

Thanks a lot for this. I tried to use the Kinetic for a long time now and was worried that if I got the Xbox one, I wouldn't be able to use it. I tried everything you you posted and it worked. Thanks for making my experience for playing the game much better.

This is the kind of distance that understand to use force. We'll see with Kinect Xbox One. I feel that it will be different because it detects fingers.

Recognition mouvent must surely be fast and the navigation should be easy.

1.30m is enough I think. It also depends on the height where is placed the Kinect.
It is useless to discuss it, we will have our response to its release.

Kinect for Xbox 360 requested still a lot of space.

Back