Xbox One How to stream content using DLNA

KN1GHTMARE

Former Moderator
From
NJ
Website
socialclub.rockstargames.com
The Xbox One will let you stream content to the console using DLNA, unfortunately not in the way most of us assumed we would be able to. At launch and for the foreseeable future the XB1 will act only as a receiver. What that means is simpler terms is that Xbox One be able to find content on your network and retrieve it for us and playability; instead you will need to find a way to send that information to your console. Luckily you do have options available.

You will need to send whatever files you wish to play to your console via another DLNA enable device (ie your smartphone), but first you will need to download an app to help you do so. I personally recommend Skifta since I have tried and tested it and am ready to say it is probably the best experience currently available. Skifta is available in both the Android marketplace and the iOS store; I have tested it with my android phone as well as my wife’s iPad and the experience has been flawless. Keep in mind that many of you Android users will not need to download any app in order to stream via DLNA since many phones have a native app for this very use; regardless Skifta is very sleek and a likely upgrade to what you currently use and best of all it’s FREE!

The next thing you will need to do is go to our Xbox One and make sure you already have downloaded the Xbox Music and Xbox Video apps; they will be needed for playback. Now, let’s move on to actually using the app:

1. Install the app
2. Using the app follow the on-screen prompts to begin searching for a media source (likely to be your PC)
3. Select which device you will like to use for your playback (Xbox One)
4. Lastly, choose which file you will like to play.

Please note that your smartphone will need to be able to play the files are you desire your console to play. Meaning if you phone doesn’t support the media, then neither will your Xbox One.

[video=youtube_share;ezP6Ee9HoRo]http://youtu.be/ezP6Ee9HoRo[/video]​

Back