Xbox One I get it! Do I?

roadies

I'm still trying to wrap my head around Project Spark. It is certainly one of the most interesting sandbox games shown at E3. I think the fast creation tools appeal to those of us who got tired of Minecraft and voxel games easily. But beyond the "Check out this cool world I made" appeal, what's the true gameplay value here?

I saw a "community" montage of some of the worlds / mini-games that were created by... erm, users? Anyway, it looked pretty promising. The tower games and the 2D platformers I saw were definitely intriguing. It looks like they are definitely going after the Minecraft / Little Big Planet audience. I guess there doesn't always need to be an endgame for all our entertainment needs, right?

the game showed promise... ive never played mine craft... the fact you can alter how the world acts/reachs and the whole building of the world and the way you defent your fort(demo e3) seemed pretty cool. im not exactly sure how you would unlock/share your strategy's as the developer states... to me it shows a neat idea but not exactly sure how far you can take it or how long i would enjoy the no story line to follow.

I'm still trying to wrap my head around Project Spark. It is certainly one of the most interesting sandbox games shown at E3. I think the fast creation tools appeal to those of us who got tired of Minecraft and voxel games easily. But beyond the "Check out this cool world I made" appeal, what's the true gameplay value here?

I saw a "community" montage of some of the worlds / mini-games that were created by... erm, users? Anyway, it looked pretty promising. The tower games and the 2D platformers I saw were definitely intriguing. It looks like they are definitely going after the Minecraft / Little Big Planet audience. I guess there doesn't always need to be an endgame for all our entertainment needs, right?

plus its free.

Yeh i read it was free, do you not have to use microtransations to unlock some pieces to be used it creation mode? not that that would truly bother me, if the game is free and is enjoyable, ill support it.

Regarding no end game, i believe there have been RPGs and the like built up on it, dunno how big or whatever but i think 6 months or so down the line, there will be some impressive 'games' to download through it

This is so far my most anticipated Xbox One release day game. Looks better/friendlier than Kodu. I am currently on a survival game kick and now maybe I will be able to make my own.

Well from what I've seen it looks like it could definitely be quite an amazing tool for people to use and enjoy, but I guess we'll have to wait and see what actually comes out of it.
Although it's nice to see something like this being made and easily usable for the average person and even for someone that might actually know what they're doing.

Back