I must be getting old

darbella

My daughter said she wants this from Santa for the holidays and that means I need to get a new PS3, we only have an old and dinky PS slim right now. And who is Aurora? I have never even heard of this girl. Anyone here know more about Disney Princesses?

Aurora is a Disney princess, Sleeping Beauty to be more exact. I had to look it up online, because neither my niece, nor my nephew knew. They are obsessed with Pokemon and some weird anime shows i haven't even heard about.

As far as your daughter wanting a new PlayStation 3 for Christmas, I think you should definitely get her one, but make sure to have her behave until Santa comes, so she doesn't end up on the naughty list.

I didn't know that Sleeping Beauty's name was Aurora either. I bet your daughter would love it if you got her a new PS3 for Christmas and I am sure that you could find something to play on it too. ;)

Oh, the famous Disney fairy tales.How old is your daughter darbella? My niece is 8 years old and she is 'the master' of all gaming consoles in the house.

The price of Playstation 3 has gone down considerably in the last few years, so now is definitely a good time to get one if you don't have one yet. The PS3 has a great library of games so you can't go wrong. I was late to buy a PS3 because they were really expensive at launch, but I'm glad I finally did buy one. My daughter likes the Sly Cooper collection of games in HD on PS3.

It's amazing that your old playstation still works. Your decision to purchase a new console is spot on though. The ps3, the wii and the Xbox 360 are now very affordable. It's the price of the video games that would certainly leave a dent in your wallet.

Oh, thanks for the info about aurora. Since I'm a manly guy, I didn't know about that. Lol.

An old slim PS brings back memories. I'll be honest, i still love me some old games. I think the new PS3 is very affordable. Some good games for it to although i def agree the price of games is where the hamper will be. I'm ultimately waiting for digital cloud type delivery service for old games. Maybe a subscription to go back and play any old game i want off the psn or Xbox Live. It'd have to be rendered on their servers or computers and projected on my home console. Lots of PC games can do this today. I also read about a company that is making this a reality by having a game run on their systems all while projecting the image and controls back on your PC through your internet connection. That way you won't need a top of the line PC to play a game at top of the line specs. It'll be interesting to see if they ever roll it out.

Last edited:
I would get her a PS3. It's a worthy investment because you're getting a console as well as a blu-ray player.

Back