Original Xbox I need help...pleeeeease!

Itsap

I still need help...pleeeeease!

For Christmas, I just set up my ex-husband's original Xbox for my five year old to play with. I also purchased the Fanatec Speedster 3 Forceshock Wheel, but I can't figure out where to plug it into the Xbox. There's doesn't seem to be a small round connection anywhere. Does anyone out there have this wheel? Do I need an adapter that plugs into one of the the front ports? Sorry, if I'm not using the right terminology, I am new at this. I just want my little guy to be able to play with it.

Last edited:
Am not really a expert on this but if all else fails, contact customer support and they will most likely help you. Try referring to the instructions pamphlet also.

Hi,

Thank you for your reply. Customer service is a dead end at Fanatec, they won't get back to me. I purchased the wheel on ebay, and it didn't come with an instruction manual. Just thought I would try my luck and find a forum of Xbox players who might know. Again, thanks for getting back to me.

Itsap

I found this on the about.com review page:
In the box you’ll find a steering wheel unit, pedal unit, mounting clamp, and power source. All you have to do is plug the pedals and power source into the steering wheel and the steering wheel into your Xbox and you are good to go. It is a bit annoying, I have to admit, to have a separate power source for the wheel.
Itshould contain everything you need. Did you not get the connector to go from your Xbox to your steering wheel?

Isn't it like the controllers, where to need to put the round end into an adapter that can fit in the front port?

Hi,

Thanks for your reply. I, too, found that review and was wondering if perhaps I was missing an additional piece. However, from the descriptions, it appears what I have is what I need. It's the connector that goes from the wheel to the Xbox that isn't the correct fit. The front ports (where the controlers go) of the Xbox are square and this connector is small and round. I thought perhaps it was on the back, but I don't see anything. It just seems odd to me. I guess I need to start searching for an adapter of some kind. Thanks again for trying to help me. :)

Yes, it is a round end. May I ask what adapter you're talking about? My controllers are wireless and plug right into the ports, no need for an adapter.

Back