I work at home, so this is a nice way for me to relax

mrtemptatio

I am in the whole e-commerce business. I love managing my business and gaming. I hope to have some interesting discussions here.
To start off, has anyone heard about the rumor of Microsoft going down the same road as Steam but with the Xbox One?

Welcome!

It's not really a rumor Microsoft has taken the steps with Xbox One to basically make every game digital but in order to keep stuff like sharing, selling and gifting games without people exploiting them they had to setup DRM and a 24 hour check.

Benefits being we get to share our game library with any 10 of our friends no matter where they are or no matter what time it is. All your games will be locked to your account and any games activated on your primary Xbox One can be played on any other Xbox One in the same house on the same network.

You also can take every game you own(even games you bought on a disc) and have access to them everywhere without the need of a disc.

Hello, nice to meet you!

Then do you think Microsoft will go down the same road as Steam and offer huge discounts on their games?

Hello, nice to meet you!

Then do you think Microsoft will go down the same road as Steam and offer huge discounts on their games?

In the beginning? No but after some time I could definitely see this happening.

The thing is that these sales like on Steam are huge revenue for Publishers, that's why they do them, so the same will likely happen on Xbox One.

Hi mrtemptatio, welcome to the forums!

Hello, welcome to the forums! Today they announced that the used games will not be similar to that of the Xbox 360, and they will not require it to be always-online anymore. However, it will still require a console update when you buy it.

Hanging out on the forums will be second nature then, welcome !

I really hope they go with the same road as steam with the huge awesome deals but other than that welcome to the forums.

Back