Introducing PS Vita...TV

SiNAR 212

N3RDC0RE
From
MI
Well well well.....all this talk about tv...tv...tv...MSFT is all about tv....and then this. I am curious what people will say now. Me? I think its funny how they promoted games games games...they dont have any games AS OF YET to show compared to X1 and then they release...this. -

It will allow you to enjoy video and network streaming services on your TV, such as Hulu, DMM.com, Tsutaya TV, and NicoNico Douga. Of course, you can also access the PlayStation Store.P

Outfitted with a PS Vita card slot, it also allows PS Vita TV owners to play Vita games on, well, their TV. They don't even need a Vita—just Vita games, this PS Vita TV hardware, and a DualShock 3. Oh, and a TV!

Source - http://kotaku.com/introducing-ps-vita-tv-1276599936

Well well well.....all this talk about tv...tv...tv...MSFT is all about tv....and then this. I am curious what people will say now. Me? I think its funny how they promoted games games games...they dont have any games AS OF YET to show compared to X1 and then they release...this. -

<lack of permission link snippage>
I was perma banned on my other site for my theory on this device...

Sony is going to rapidly kill off the PS3 sometime next year, the way that, and for the same reasons, that Microsoft killed off the original xbox.

There is still a market for a console that is not full priced. But Sony doesn't make money on the PS3 eco-system. So they release this console, it replaces the PS3 in their product line up. PS3 goes end of life by next summer. The PS3 PSN is shut down by end of 2014.

New titles for this lower tier of console all go to the VitaTV.

So in the lower tier of game consoles you have...

X360, VitaTV, Ouya, GoogeTV, AppleTV.

Then in the higher tier systems you have

X1, PS4, and PC.

Then PS3 compatibility and library is leveraged by Sony's streaming service on the Vita, and the PS4.

Otherwise I just don't see where the PS3 fits in...

Sony is going to rapidly kill off the PS3 sometime next year, the way that, and for the same reasons, that Microsoft killed off the original xbox.

There is still a market for a console that is not full priced. But Sony doesn't make money on the PS3 eco-system. So they release this console, it replaces the PS3 in their product line up. PS3 goes end of life by next summer. The PS3 PSN is shut down by end of 2014.

X1, PS4, and PC.

Then PS3 compatibility and library is leveraged by Sony's streaming service on the Vita, and the PS4.

WOW...that is actaully a good way of looking at it. Very interesting there my friend.

I have an Apple TV, and we rarely use it because we have Netflix streaming on our other devices. However it said this streamed games, which I found intriguing.

I think this thing is great. It sure is gonna help sell the Vita to those that want the system but don't care about portability, what with that price. Hell, the new Shantae game got announced for Vita and Vita TV thanks to this thing's announcement, so it's good enough for me so far.

This does make me feel even worse for the Ouya. Poor thing.

Source -

I actually think this is a ignorant way of looking at it and also very biased. Just because it says VitaTV does not mean that it is TV. The argument towards microsoft about being all about TV was because microsoft was like NFL this, NFL that, TV Show this, TV show that. The VitaTV however is a GAME CHANGER. It allows you to play vita game on an HDTV for $100. which is half the price of a regular Vita right now. So for people who want to play popular games on Vita without having to pay $200+ on a new vita, this is a much more affordable option. And then on top of all of this, the VitaTV can be used to stream the PS4 to ANY ROOM in the house. This means that if your wife, kids, parents or anyone else need the TV that your PS4 is on, you can take a TINY box to any room in the house and continue playing your PS4 on it. And then not to mention you can netflix, hulu, etc on it.

X1, PS4, and PC.

...how does a "spin-off" device kills their main hardware for years now? And the PS3 PSN is pretty much the same as the PSP, PSVita and PS4 PSN - that is why they are calling it the Sony Network now. And what new titles will come to VitaTV? That thing is a portable XMB device that runs PSP and PSVita titles, and it doesn't even run the main titles because it doesn't have a touchscreen.

...how does a "spin-off" device kills their main hardware for years now? And the PS3 PSN is pretty much the same as the PSP, PSVita and PS4 PSN - that is why they are calling it the Sony Network now. And what new titles will come to VitaTV? That thing is a portable XMB device that runs PSP and PSVita titles, and it doesn't even run the main titles because it doesn't have a touchscreen.

I completely agree with the rhetorical question of "how does a "spin-off" device kills their main hardware for years now?" It wont happen. Plain and simple. And as for the question of what new titles will come to VitaTV? It is not a portable XMB, though you can use it that way if you want to. It will run PSP and PSVita titles off of PSN and will also play Vita hardware games as well. Not ALL of the games will be supported however just as you said; "it doesn't have a touchscreen". This does not mean that games that need a touchscreen will not be ported. They are patching games so that you can use the analog sticks instead of using the touchscreen on the Vita. There are many games that are already out that are being patched and many future games that are going to be made with the VitaTV capabilities in mind.

But the VitaTV gives you the option to play vita games for half the price? So how is that a waste of money? You dont have to buy a Vita in order to play the VitaTV.

Back