Xbox 360 Inverted Y-Axis

sicksvtcobra

Whenever I play PC games with a mouse I do not invert the Y-Axis but when playing games on an xbox controller I have to play with inverted look on the y-axis. To me, a joystick on a game controller should work similarly to how an airplane is controlled. You pull back to go up and push forward to go down. Does anyone else use inverted Y-Axis for that same reason? I am just curious because I have never met anyone before that played with the inverted setting but I assume there are people like me out there or else they wouldn't even add the option to invert the look.

Personally I have never had an invert except for a few plane games but mostly I prefer to move a joystick just like I would move my head and body but I do see your point that it should be like actual controls. Its really all preference.

Lol I have never understood why there is an option to invert any axis. Its just too confusing if you ask me. I have never played a plane flying game, but in FPS it just feel obvious to press up to look up and to press left to look left.

I don't understand the point of playing inverted Y-Axis. What is the point? I think it has to do with being left-handed, but then I know a few people that play inverted Y-Axis while being right-handed.

Inverted always throws me off. I have a buddy who only plays inverted, and when we trade off after a death in Halo I have to pause, change the settings, resume, then I die, he pauses, changes settings, resumes...

I used to be able to play inverted axis all the time, primarily when I played Turok back on the N64, but in the modern age of gaming, I don't know how I did it. I suppose it's just what you get used to after playing for so long. When I started playing Halo for the first time after not playing an FPS in years, it was defaulted at non-inverted, and that's just what I got used to over the years. I understand why people use inverted, but given the option, I prefer using non. That... and well, I'm not really flying a plane, I'm controlling a person. When I press up, it means I want to look up. It makes more sense to me at least.

Back