Xbox One Is anyone else disappointed with the name: Xbox One ?

incredibleone

I think it is a stupid name. I'm still going to buy the console but this is terrible marketing. Why in the world did they decide on "Xbox One"? That isn't catchy at all. It is so basic and plain. I think Super Duper Box would have been just as creative and effective. What say you?

Because it's a All in One entertainment system. You can play games, post on facebook, browse the web and watch movies and TV. Personally, I would have preferred the X Box 720 as it would have been a natural evolution in naming it. But Microsoft probably thought it was too predictable.
Xbox isn't a bad name really. But the nickname of the X Bone given to it by internet posters is pretty hilarious though.

Actually yeah, it really bothers me, specially because english is not my main language and it gets really weird to say "Xbox One" or "The One". They really didn't think this through or just wanted an AMERICA ONLY product.

I think it is a stupid name. I'm still going to buy the console but this is terrible marketing. Why in the world did they decide on "Xbox One"? That isn't catchy at all. It is so basic and plain. I think Super Duper Box would have been just as creative and effective. What say you?

I thought you didn't believe in marketing to begin with? The name is a reference to it being an all-in-one box; the genius in the marketing is that its now referred short-hand as "the one". Considering the tons of research and development money it was seen as the best option. People also hated the name XBOX because they thought naming it after Direct X was stupid. The same people through a fit when they heard Xbox 360 because of the whole "gaming revolution" bit. The name Playstation was also considered childish and gimmicky.

Remember how we all made fun of Nintendo when they unleashed the name "Wii"? Turned out to be a petty joke in the end. I don't think any name in the world could make me change my mind about the quality of a product. Naming the machine "Xbox One" doesn't reflect any lack of creativity or poor marketing skills to me.

I like the name Xbox One. Mainly because it came from nowhere. Before the press conference, there was a good deal of talk about what the name would be and I have to say, when they announced it NO ONE saw it coming. In my opinion that was actually great marketing. In todays world of every piece of information getting leaked and rumored about beforehand, anything that's kept a secret until the end is a success to me! :cool:

The Super Duper Box?

Considering what they have built the box to do, One is the perfect name for it. They could've left Xbox off of it, but that would send people into a frenzy. But, I won't be surprised if the next leaves the Xbox brand off. They have quite a few years to turn the brand into another overarching name.

honestly, yes - kinda not too keen on it.

Does that change my mind about the product? no. Just think it could have been something better.

From the original Xbox, they did a complete 360, this is the one. It's lived it's cycle. I guess it's all the nature of how you interpret something. I think the name is suitable.
Beats PS4. Talk about originality.

I understand the reasoning behind the name but doesn't make me like the name any less. Since it's "Xbox One"... it sounds like the first, not all-in-one. I really wish they chose a different name.
I wasn't a huge fan of Xbox720 either though. Yes, it's the evolution of the 360, but come on... Get creative, don't just multiply the number by two.

I kind of like the name Xbox One. It is a good fit for the Microsoft console. I remember when people were anticipating it being called the Xbox 720 or something like that. I actually like Xbox One a lot. I think they did this for future consoles, they can now go from one to two and so on.

I am for sure happy with the name. Its everything in one that i need. Bluray, games, and DD. Im alls et :D

Most people preferred Xbox 720 and hoped for it yet they chose Xbox One... Well, at least it's better than Xbox Infinity -_- did you guys know that they were going to calld it that? Anyways, I think the reason why it's called One is because it's the best console? Or maybe they got tired of maths :D

Most people preferred Xbox 720 and hoped for it yet they chose Xbox One... Well, at least it's better than Xbox Infinity -_- did you guys know that they were going to calld it that? Anyways, I think the reason why it's called One is because it's the best console? Or maybe they got tired of maths :D

I actually hated 720 much like most of the Internet did. Infinity had a better ring to it.

I actually hated 720 much like most of the Internet did. Infinity had a better ring to it.

Last time I checked most people wanted 720... Infinity sounds like an arcade machine name and if they named it that they would've had a huge problem naming the next console. Anyways, the name doesn't matter much, let's just hope the console is really number one :)

Last time I checked most people wanted 720... Infinity sounds like an arcade machine name and if they named it that they would've had a huge problem naming the next console. Anyways, the name doesn't matter much, let's just hope the console is really number one :)

No worse a problem than when you name something The One. How do you follow that act?

Eh, it's not like anyone is swinging for the fences in terms of console names this go round. WiiU, PS4, and Xbox One. In some ways Xbox One is the most original of these, but in the end it doesn't really matter. You can have an idiotic name and look moronic - but if the system works well none of that is likely to matter.

I don't like having to say the name--it doesn't roll off of the tongue easily. However, I do like what it stands for and represents. It makes a good representation of what it is offering those who use it. I would've like Xbox 720, but Xbox One makes more of a statement about a complete overhaul.

Tiny details, really, as I doubt it's changing anyone's mind about getting it...but yes, it bothers me. It just sounds a bit lacking to me.

Back