Xbox One Is Dead Rising 3 going to be any good?

wowtgp

I get it. They have added a new gimmick to this series. It's going to be a so called open-world game. But people no longer want only open world, they need some good lore and gameplay which I doubt Dead Rising 3 will be able to pull off. I hope to be proved wrong though. What do you think about chances of this game being a really good one?

I have a copy preorderd. I like the shear amount of zombies on the screen and I love the new ability to customize vehicles. I was worried at first because it looked like they were going for a grim and serious approach. I saw some recent videos that show that isn't the case anymore, its still silly and fun. I have faith in the game.

I expect it to be a decent game. I'm looking at it as a player that played the previous games. It's a good game. But you won't miss out on a "legendary" experience by not getting it. Unless they've made some serious changes to the fundamentals of the series, I don't expect this one to be any better that the previous ones.

...but Dead Rising always been a open-ended sandbox kind of game, what are you talking about? I know that you had a timer to complete your things or you would lose, but still it was open-ended. I just wish they would put color back in the game. Maybe it's a later to be released DLC....

Dead Rising already has a lot of lore to it in my opinion. The story seems to be showing two different sides through out the game. The thing that we've assumed as gamers standing on Chuck's side DR2 is that the company behind Zombrex is the enemy of the series. It also gives the idea that you can have two different type of humans in an open world game. Those who are working for Zombrex and those who aren't.

I think that it'd be an awesome game and we have to remember that this isn't the first time we've been given the idea of an open world game with RPG like stylings. Guild Wars, WoW and even some free to plays are constantly performing this function. There are other games out there who are accomplshing some experiences that we had never thought about as well such as WarZ and DayZ type games.

I think that its going to be cool, we'll be hungry for a story of course, because that's what Dead Rising was about, you cared about the characters and things were relatively awesome from the story point of view, so, we'll have to see how the chips fall but I do think it'll be okay for them to venture into open world areas.

All I can say is that I am completely stoked by this game. I loved the first Dead Rising, but I was not a great fan of the second, although Chuck is a really great character and the story line is decent. Dead Rising 3 is going to be awesome. Watching the videos, it seems like they have made so many improvements. The compatibility with Windows phones looks awesome as well. I have it preordered along with my Day One system. Can't wait!

I have a copy preorderd. I like the shear amount of zombies on the screen and I love the new ability to customize vehicles. I was worried at first because it looked like they were going for a grim and serious approach. I saw some recent videos that show that isn't the case anymore, its still silly and fun. I have faith in the game.

I haven't watched any videos other than the one from E3. Off to see what they have in store for us.

When i first played Dead Rising one i thought it was genius. It seemed like one of those games that finally took care of what people were wanting (A slightly free roam zombie game with lots of weapon choices and well structured gameplay) and i played the heck out of it! Once the second one came out i borrowed it from a friend since i didnt have much money but it was so fun! From what ive seen, the third Dead Rising will be more dark and serious, but maybe im mistaken. Either way, id be happy if they went with a darker theme as long as the gameplay was amped up a little bit. If it kept its comedic effect (which im sure no matter what it will keep some) then itll be an undoubtedly fun co op game again! Its definitely one of the games im going to be looking out for.

When i first played Dead Rising one i thought it was genius. It seemed like one of those games that finally took care of what people were wanting (A slightly free roam zombie game with lots of weapon choices and well structured gameplay) and i played the heck out of it! Once the second one came out i borrowed it from a friend since i didnt have much money but it was so fun! From what ive seen, the third Dead Rising will be more dark and serious, but maybe im mistaken. Either way, id be happy if they went with a darker theme as long as the gameplay was amped up a little bit. If it kept its comedic effect (which im sure no matter what it will keep some) then itll be an undoubtedly fun co op game again! Its definitely one of the games im going to be looking out for.

I have to agree with you here. The First Dead Rising games was just pure genius. This genre was not that popular back then.

Hmmm... I think it could turn out either way. Either it could be innovative and pure genius like it's predecessor or it make a turn a dark approach, I've seen some recent videos that I'm not too sure about. But, I'm surely going to buy it and test it out.

Hmmm... I think it could turn out either way. Either it could be innovative and pure genius like it's predecessor or it make a turn a dark approach, I've seen some recent videos that I'm not too sure about. But, I'm surely going to buy it and test it out.

I read the recent article on IGN where they stated why they liked this game so much. They stated that the game is shaping up to be a really good game.

That feature of improvising random weapons seems really cool and as a zombie lover I looking forward to the game, altough it seems like it lost the "fun" part that DR1/2 provided and started being more serious to satisfy everyone ( like most of the recent zombie games ).

Back