Xbox One Is FIFA 14 free or not? Possible storm brewing...

Born Slippeh

From
Fife
I cannot link the story but in the Metro (UK free paper) there's a story on the confusion on who exactly get's a free copy of Fifa 14.

Day 1 edition or standard too?

Lucky Europe :(.
Seems you've found your answer, at least.

Yup, Europe Day One only. It was also confirmed by Major Nelson that North America will not be getting any bundled games at launch. Bummer...

its more of a marketing strategy to get sales from ps4 in europe than anything else.. only pre orders and day one get the free game. fifa is huge over their giving it free puts it at a few dollars more than ps4+game.. so it may sway people to buy it. i forget the article about it.

found this today so idk what to say... most all other publications said europe. but this dosnt say a specific.
What's this – Microsoft having to tidy up after mixed messaging from an array of different execs?

Microsoft has clarified that a free copy of FIFA 14 will only come with pre-orders for the special Day One Edition of the Xbox One console.

The new claim comes two weeks after a Microsoft executive claimed that "all pre-orders for Xbox One this holiday will include a copy of FIFA 14 at no extra cost". That quote, by corporate VP Phil Harrison, suggested that the offer was not limited to the special edition of the system.

So yes, the free copy of Fifa is only with the Day One Edition, despite what the official Twitter feed and high ranking managers accidentally seemed to say. "It's as clear as an Xbox One marketing message" is destined to enter common usage.

their is also this link.. its uk gamer link so idk.
News: Mixed messages over free FIFA 14 on Xbox One - ComputerAndVideoGames.com

Ah. Europe getting FIFA for free is huge. I'd say Microsoft did good on this one as soccer, and therefore FIFA, is HUGE overseas. I'd love to get FIFA for free but I guess there just isn't that much of interest here, which is very disappointing.

Nope, it's not free. You have to buy the day one edition of the Xbox One to get FIFA 14 with it.

Back