Is paying for Xbox Live worth it?

Yes, for me it`s a must have. I enjoy playing online with my friends. I really have a lot more fun since I got my xbox live.

OK let's look at it from a business point of view, Microsoft has invested a lot in regards to Live and Playstation not so much. Generating money from membership gives funds for upgrades - just look at when Annonymous hacked the network - all your details were stolen. I don't mind paying for live, it's one of them monthly direct debits I actually don't mind paying for.

I had a Playstation and I just think the graphics are worse - Microsoft have really homed in on gaming and I can't wait for the 720 console.

The fee was worth it, because you got a superior online gaming experience at the time. For the past two years or so the alternatives have improved and now arguably Xbox Live is not the premier experience it once was. That honour would most probably go to Steam, second place to PSN and then third place to Xbox Live.

Sure live is great and all, but I don't see the significance of paying for it. Anything I can do on an Xbox, I can do better on a PC. And I don't have to pay for a subscription. It just seems like they are penny pinching their way, but they have more money than they know what to do with their selves. The quality of it isn't all that much to brag either. The audience of some games is just atrocious. Little kids screaming and bitching me out.

IMHO paying for Live is not worth it.

For gaming you pay for what you want. For example, stick to PS3 and since its free don't complain when it randomly lags or kicks you out. For Xbox , expect really reliable servers for the money that you're paying for.

It depends what you like the most. I personally have an xbox and my friend has a ps3 and i find that xbox live is a lot more social because of party chat. I like this as i can have nice conversations with my friends without having to play the same game or hear random people talking too. If you dont want to pay £35 a year, a ps3 may be the option. Be prepared for long periods of being alone though.

I do think the prices for a subscription to Xbox live should be a bit more reasonable. However, I do enjoy playing Xbox live with my nephews from across the state. So, yes I think it was worth it. I am building memories with them.

Xbox is run by Microsoft - and considering Microsoft owns the biggest console, the biggest OS, as well as many other successful products, it's not surprising that the XBox infrastructure is quite stable. I'd happily pay for XBLIG membership - Anonymous themselves won't be hacking Microsoft any time soon, unlike when they hacked Sony.

No, i don't think it's worth it. For less money, i can buy this thing called Playstation Plus that gives me free games every month and discounts when buying stuff.
On Xbox Live i must pay just to play online and i still get ads everywhere in my console.

I think it is, it doesn't cost too much ,and the service is reliable. I guess it all depends on how much you enjoy playing online though.

Xbox live is worth it because you get more benefits when you're a gold member. Right now am a silver member because my gold membership ran out. I feel left out when I don't have xbox live and playing games isn't as fun anymore when you're not a gold member. I usually buy the 12 month package but since Christmas I have been using the 3 month membership and just recently it ran out and I'm going to order xbox live in the next coming days. I can't wait to do multiplayer again and so much more.:D

Back