Is PS Vita worth it?

calebmelvern

I am still using my old PSP2000. I've been thinking for quite some time now whether or not I should buy PS Vita. The price isn't really an issue, but I'm worried about the relatively small library of the Vita. With my old PSP, I can play a lot of games and the custom firmware makes everything a whole lot easier.

Have you made the switch already? Would you say that PS Vita is worth getting?

For me, not really. I feel like mobile games have gotten pretty good over the years and a lot of the games are free so it keeps me occupied when I'm on the go.

I don't have a Vita, but I think it's plenty good for the money. It has great specs for a handheld, and a lot of nice features. Still, if you're not really finding the library to be enticing as of yet, maybe hold off until they release something for it that you just have to get.

I haven't got the PS Vita but I raised this issue a while back on a different forum. I find that it isn't worth the time and money to buy a console that has the same game type as I could play on my mobile, Also your mobile is more portable and multi-functional as well.

I myself don't think any handheld device is actually worth the price. I think handheld gaming devices are a thing of the past. I don't recommend a handheld device to anyone who is a fan of gaming.

I have also not purchased the Psp Vita yet, but I have done some research on it. From what I found, it's not all that diffrient from the origional psp handheld. It does have some major changes though, especially with the screen, because it's a much higher resolution. I also heard that the battery life tends to last longer and that it's about the same weight as the Psp 3000 which is what I currently have. In my opinion, it's not really worth the money, unless you would just really like to upgrade or have just never owned a Psp handheld before.

Nope don't bother, these little portable consoles aren't even worth a single penny. Well my opinion at least might be biased due to certain unfortunate events that recently occurred.

In my opinion, just stay away from handheld gaming. There are better games on the consoles such as the Xbox and PS3. You already have a PSP, it's quite similar by the looks of it.

Saying that the VIta and PSP are similar is ludicrous at best, they are extremely different and provide different games (Vita offers most of the PSP's digital library, too). Vita has many new features and can support superior games. It's like comparing PS2 to PS3 or original Xbox to 360. The features and libraries are completely different. (well, OK, not completely different since the Vita has some backwards compability, heh)

It all boils down to preference, however. Do you like handheld gaming (wether because of multitasking or because of portability)? Do you like the system's features? Do you like the game library (I suggest checking the digital library, since there's quite a lot of digital-only games on Vita and none are retail-only)?

The Vita has been pretty much worth it for me, partially because I have no PS3 and there's a few games that are on both PS3 and Vita only (such as Dragon's Crown, to name an example). It's also the best handheld system for proper indie games (not the trash that mobile platforms like Android and iOS usually get) like Hotline Miami and Spelunky and I do quite enjoy such indies games on a handheld, particularly since indie games are relatively cheap but still quality games. I quite enjoy its features, such as having two sticks (instead of the single analog "nub" of the PSP) and the touchscreen is a nice addition, but also provides some features like PSN interactions (trophies, friends, online MP, etc. All missing on PSP).

So, for me? Definitely worth it. But as I said, boils down to preference.

If you like handheld consoles you'll like it. Simple.

I've hear people say that it has a very small library but I don't buy that. Just look it up online and I am pretty sure you'll find a lot of games to your taste.

If you're a fan of handhelds I'd say go for it. Handhelds always offer something good on the titles front...and comparing handhelds to mobile when it comes to games is like comparing...broccoli to cake. The PS Vita specifically though? I'd stick to the PSP for a bit longer.

In my opinion, just stay away from handheld gaming. There are better games on the consoles such as the Xbox and PS3.

You can't really stuff a 360 or PS3 in your pockets though. Stuffing them into a backpack is even somewhat of a hassle...then the whole needing a TV thing, needing a power source, etc.

Handhelds are worth it period. The PS Vita will definitely pick it up. It might topple the 3DS, but its sales will get better and I don't mean by bundled with PS4 as it's Wii U Pad off screen play substitute, but on its own.

You can't really stuff a 360 or PS3 in your pockets though. Stuffing them into a backpack is even somewhat of a hassle...then the whole needing a TV thing, needing a power source, etc.

I...well...no. No you can't take a 360 or PS3 around in your pockets. I don't think it would be possible if you did it in pieces, really.

The PS Vita has been pretty good for me. There is a great collection of games on it.

I just like the fact that it is mobile. I can play when I am bored at work or waiting for my food at restaurants. The game selection is pretty good too.

Well is with most new games the library of the Vita will grow, plus you can use it to remote play games on the PS4 so thats also good.

I have been considering selling my console and sticking with the Vita, I am out and on the road a lot more now so it would make more sense to me. I am still deciding what to do, it seems that I change my mind everyday.

Don't do it. If you are going to buy a handheld buy a 3ds atleast that has GAMES.

Back