Xbox 360 Is the 360 controller the best controller of all time?

A0130

I hear lots of conflict on this one. For me there is no other controller that handles as smooth as the 360. Your thoughts?

It is, but only when connected to a PC with a custom drivers so I can customize everything. My controllers all have issues with their stupid left stick which are totally killer in games that require extreme precision like Dark Souls, custom drivers on PC let me customize them to make up for that. If nothing else, 360 controller beats Dualshock 3 to death.

Off-topic: that avatar is great, OP. Freaked out doge

It is definitely a great controller, but I do love the dualshock... That said you'll always see disagreement about this because of preferences regarding consoles, the wide variance of hands, and the type of games played.

I like it better than the Playstation controllers, that's for sure.

In my opinion, definitely. I never liked the PS3 controllers and just hate their thumbsticks.

Xbox 360 controller got everything right, well almost everything right. I love the feel of it, the grip is so much better and of course thumbsticks rock as well. The only mistake was to have it run on batteries which need to be changed,

The dualshock takes the cake for me. Not to say that the 360 controller isn't good. In fact I use it to play FIFA on my laptop. But the dualshock takes it for nostalgia reasons and because it is a pretty cool controller.

No, the Nintendo 64 controller is the best one. And I am pretty sure this will be this way for a long time. Nintendo is really innovative when it comes to controllers.

I started with the controllers for the 2600, so anything is an improvement. :D Having said that, one of the reasons why I never played my original Nintendo was their controllers. I just didn't like it. The Dualshock is made for Smurfs or normal sized adults with the hands of Smurfs and that leaves me with the 360 controller, it is perfect.

I mean I love playing with the Xbox 360 controller honestly. It has such a great feel to it.

I hear lots of conflict on this one. For me there is no other controller that handles as smooth as the 360. Your thoughts?

It took me a really long time to get used to the 360 controller because I bought a 360 after years and years of Playstation playing. Now, I'd say that yeah, the 360 controller is one of the best ever made. At first, though, I cussed it because it was so much bigger and the X-button was located in a different spot (versus the Playstation 2 controller).

I would pretty much agree with this statement. Although I really did love the original Duke controller (the big, bulky one) for the first Xbox, the 360 controller is butter...

In order:

1. N64/GC
2. Dualshock brand
3. 360
4. DC
5. SNES
6. Duke
7. Genesis 3-button

Honestly though, after you played with the SNES controller, the main button layout was imprinted on you for life. Every controller since has kept the face button diamond layout from that controller. From discussions I've seen online it's usually a three way dance among 360, Dualshock, and GC/Wavebird.

In order:

1. N64/GC
2. Dualshock brand
3. 360
4. DC
5. SNES
6. Duke
7. Genesis 3-button

Honestly though, after you played with the SNES controller, the main button layout was imprinted on you for life. Every controller since has kept the face button diamond layout from that controller. From discussions I've seen online it's usually a three way dance among 360, Dualshock, and GC/Wavebird.

Totally agree! The SNES controller layout takes the cake. It's been followed ever since and it's just natural to the fingers I think. I did find it weird to get used to the Xbox controller at first as I've always played PS3 but I do like the layout of the Xbox controller now and I'm so used to playing with it. It's great!

Yeah the 360 controller layout is great and the form does fit to the hands perfectly. One of the things really dig about it are the indents on the analog stick. The PS4 controller has those thumb chairs I like for the analog sticks.

I agree, the 360 controller is the best. It just feels...right when using it. It's like butter as lockdownd said. I'll say Gamecube's is a close third to Dualshock though.

The 360 controller is possibly the most comfortable to use, as well as one of the best examples of something that takes an idea and makes it way better than the original. Dualshock controllers are also very comfortable, but they feel a tad cheap in comparison to the 360 controller.

The Nintendo 64 controller however, now that's probably the best design next to an Intellivision controller.

I've always loved the gamecube controller. It fits in your hands so perfectly! The 360 controller is a close second, but I find that the ps4 controller is superior to the xboxone in my opinion.

I used to think that it is too big for gaming and i was used to the ps controller so yeah, i thought it was weird. But as soon as i bought a 360 and got used to the controller i find way more convenient and gaming friendly. So yeah, 360 controller all the way.

It definitely is, I still have mine hooked up to my PC even though I have all other controllers available except for the PS4 one.
I find it much more intuitive is that makes sense than any DualShocks.

Back