Xbox One Is there a killer XBox 720 title that would easily sell consoles

dagscot

From
Santa Paula, CA
What good is a new and super-powerful console without excellent games on the day that it first sells to the public? When the XBox 720 first comes to market, what game should it have that is guaranteed to shift the console by the thousand?

Could you imagine if Microsoft had a Halo Game ready for launch. It would be a game changer if they could package that in with the system like Nintendo did with Mario back in the day. A lot of this will depend on what Sony has up their sleeves.

- me

Steroscopic VR sword fighting via the Kinect and a VR headset with 3d position tracking and 3d headphones.

You could forge a sword/shield/dual wield to be whatever style you want, or pick a pre-made sword/shield, and after getting armored up, either train with it against AI or challenge someone on XBox live to duel.

In a duel you would see a sword in your hands instead of a controller, and you'd be wearing the armor you chose. You would also see your opponent's sword/armor he picked thanks to the VR headset.

As you make contact the controllers would light up with force feedback effects and your weapons armor could become damaged if you're not clever with your attacks.

Picking heavy armor will grant defense, but you will find your movements in the game are much slower making it harder to dodge/react/land a blow.

Picking two daggers might work well, if you can be agile enough to quickly slip behind a slower/heavier opponent and strike the right locations skillfully.. However one land of your opponent's hammer, with leather armor on, would be the end of you.

I could see so many chubby nerds yelling and sweating at their virtual opponents.. :p

Yeah, I think having some of the huge titles like Halo, CoD, Gears, Bioshock, etc. released at launch would be huge. I could definitely see why it would super beneficial for Microsoft to launch the 720 in conjunction with a Microsoft title like Halo or GoW though.

But don't you need to focus on the new hardware, to you know, sell new hardware?

New games come out all the time for lots of consoles, but new hardware only works with the new consoles.. :)

A dual release date along with a brand new Call of Duty and Halo game, that would be certain to shift it buy the hundreds of thousands. I sure hope that the next generation of consoles don't make the use of pre-owned games void, that would be truly terrible.

The obvious system seller titles for a Microsoft console are: Gears of war, Halo, Call of duty, Fable, and maybe a new game from Irrational games, something from Capcom, for instance a new Devil may cry would also help sell tons of consoles.

There is a new Gears coming out early in the year. I was thinking Halo 2 anniversary would be there at launch especially since they just announced they are shutting down the Halo 2 Vista servers. I can get down with a Halo 2 remake.

I think the game Bungie is working on now will be a launch title for the 720 or released shortly afterwards. From what I read on various sites, it seems to be a lot like Halo. If it is, I won't be surprised because game developers don't stray too far from what they know works this generation. I do look forward to playing it though.

I think the game Bungie is working on now will be a launch title for the 720 or released shortly afterwards. From what I read on various sites, it seems to be a lot like Halo. If it is, I won't be surprised because game developers don't stray too far from what they know works this generation. I do look forward to playing it though.

It looks like Destiny (That is the title) is a FPS/MMO type of deal. It also looks like MS has some sort of timed exclusive on it. I am not into MMOs, especially if there is a subscription fee to play outside of Live Gold. I still think Halo 2 relaunches and that will move some systems.

Back