Japanese Gamers Are Disappointed about the PS4 Launch Date

SiNAR 212

N3RDC0RE
From
MI
I would be upset also if X1 was to be release later than sooner here in the USA. I mean that is ther home turf. Ok they say that they want a strnger line-up for Japanese customers? Goes to show you they dont have ANYTHING for launch. Oh yeah....except for indies.

This November, the PlayStation 4 is launching in North America and Europe. Know where it's not? Japan, that's where. While Sony is a Japanese company, the country won't see the PlayStation 4 until next February. On the official Japanese blog, many commenters seem disappointed by the news. Some are angry, while others are resigned to the fact.P

Sony said the reason for the delay was that they'd like to have a strong line-up of Western titles (they need to be localized, you know!) as well as Japan-specific games.

Source - http://kotaku.com/japanese-gamers-are-disappointed-about-the-ps4-launch-d-1282558051

I think it is rather funny that the Japanese get the PS4 after us. How ironic, eh? Maybe this will make the hype all the more intense in the USA. I mean when do we ever get a video game console or actual game before the Japanese? I think this is really cool.

I think it is rather funny that the Japanese get the PS4 after us. How ironic, eh? Maybe this will make the hype all the more intense in the USA. I mean when do we ever get a video game console or actual game before the Japanese? I think this is really cool.

I do agree on that part. When do we EVER get anything before Japan lol

I know right?! All I can say is that it must suck to be a Japanese gamer right now. It's only a couple extra more months, so it can't be THAT bad. I'd honestly just play PC in the time being.

Well, at least they got every svery console and bundle with special art and colors, and the new Vita model and PS Vita TV... i really don't know who is ending up losing in the middle of this.

I have a friend who lives in the states but grew up in Japan. He would always brag about the exclusive games that were only available in Japan when we were growing up. It's about time that the tables have turned though he is going to benefit again now as he lives in the United States of EBT..err...America, lol. I do want to take a trip to Japan though. I feel like I would fit in well there because of my quiet personality and my strong interest in electronics.

One quote from one of the Japanese posters caught my attention "The Japanese gaming industry is no good."
While I don't completely agree with that sentiment, he has a point. The Japanese gaming industry has been in a decline for a number of years now. Western developers have surpassed them in terms of innovation and sell a lot more games than Japanese developers.

I thought the Japenese got everything before us. I think they should release it sooner than February as that is quite a gap in time difference. I would be so angry even if I wasn't getting it as I would wonder why a company made in Japan is not releasing its products in Japan first.

Back