Xbox One Julie Larson-Green will take over Don Mattrick's position

ozadin

Was kinda expecting this since they gave her so much attention, and popularity. It would disappoint some people if she rejected the offer, and chose someone else. Hopefully, this will work out for Microsoft, and they won't come up with policies anymore. She's a smart person, so I'll be expecting good decisions and choices.

Julie Larson-Green, former head of Microsoft's Windows division, will head the Xbox hardware group following the announcement of Don Mattrick's departure earlier this month, Microsoft confirmed today.

Via: Polygon

No she won't.

Devices and Studios Engineering Group. Julie Larson-Green will lead this group and will have all hardware development and supply chain from the smallest to the largest devices we build. Julie will also take responsibility for our studios experiences including all games, music, video and other entertainment.
-- Ballmer

She will be in charge of all Microsoft's devices division she is not taking over as the Xbox lead.

Well, we all saw this coming, but I guess it's nice to see that it has been officially confirmed. Still, I think it would have been best to wait until at least the Xbox One had been released, just so things could transition smoothly. I wish Don the best of luck over at Zynga and hope everything goes well for him at his new job.

Back