Xbox One Just got in the Alpha for this weekend.

rkkeller

Old School casual player.
From
NJ
I received an email yesterday that I am in the Evolve Alpha starting soon and can't wait.

It's only lasts a couple days, but I really want to see how it is.

Anyone else?

yea i got in on it as well.. have yet to play it... maybe a bit later tonight...

I didn't play yet, planning today, but heard there can be long delays to join. I guess it's an Alpha so to be expected.

I didn't play yet, planning today, but heard there can be long delays to join. I guess it's an Alpha so to be expected.

i gave it a run last night..

all i can say is the games concept is nice.. but wow the game is horrible..

first your dropped in and given the choice to pick your preferance of play type.. assult,healer,support monster.. yet you have never played the game..

as for wait time mine was not horrible... but i wasn't expecting much in terms of matchmaking as it is a beta.. so basically my first game i was dumped in a game that someone had quite for the exact same reason i didn't enjoy it..

1: their is no tutorial... your basically thrown in expected to know the controls
2: your expected to understand each players skill and how to use it along with their abilities
3: i know its a beta but it was kinda buggie for me..my monster would get caught on map blocking9rocks,tree's ectect) concidering they pushed this game back for the sole reason to not comepete with halo,sunset,dragonage, and the other big aaa titles this game is basically as polished as it is going to get.. they may work on matchingaking and a little graphic polishing i dont seethem making it any better than alpha..

i just dont get the game ... i dont see it lasting very long at all.. maybe even less than titanfall... i didn't see any game modes or chatacter not say their isnt.. but for their to be longevity you would need a ton of character customizations and a serious subclass or skill tree to build... not to mention various types of monsters and abilites.. and i really dont think this game had the budget to deliver what is really need for this title to survive.
basically this game is going to need ot evolve to survive.

I finally played some over the weekend. It was fun, but the games didn't last long and the only way I see them lasting much longer is if the monster keeps running from you trying to "evolve" and grow. Then it might get boring as there is little to do except chase the monster.

I think it needs more sub missions and things to fight/do besides chase the 1 monster.

There are some YouTube videos of it with people that really seem to know the game and it looks a lot more fun. They know how to unlock the skills and build up and all that.

It's only a limited alpha test so I am expecting a lot more when the beta hits.

I finally played some over the weekend. It was fun, but the games didn't last long and the only way I see them lasting much longer is if the monster keeps running from you trying to "evolve" and grow. Then it might get boring as there is little to do except chase the monster.

I think it needs more sub missions and things to fight/do besides chase the 1 monster.

There are some YouTube videos of it with people that really seem to know the game and it looks a lot more fun. They know how to unlock the skills and build up and all that.

It's only a limited alpha test so I am expecting a lot more when the beta hits.

unfortunately i dont think their is much more to offfer past the alpha... much like destiny/titanfall the 97% was shown,, you may get more abilities but what the game is wont change..

i did watch a little on twitch with some "good " players ad i agree it looked decent from that perspective but how many friends will stick around for 60 bux? and if so how long will the game really last...
i can see dlc comming a little to late.. much like destiny.. we have another month till the next dlc and people are already bored and moving on... cod took a big chunk of player base

idk i just dont see this game doing that well long term.. they will hype it becaue thats how games are sold.. destiny,titanfall,cod they keep pushing the maret to sell games create hype but none of those games have honestly delivered a block buster game like advertised.

I will keep playing for free while I can, but doub't I will buy it as there are a few other games I really want.

Back