Xbox 360 Kinect input delay

recoome

My Kinect seems to behave erratically every time I use it. I experience a slight bit of a delay in my action and the corresponding response of my on-screen character. Is there a way to fix it, or do I need to give it for repairs?

You aren't alone! The Kinect has an inbuilt 'flaw', maybe because of the fact that it does not use a hardware controller. That is one of the biggest reasons why people have been so merciless in criticizing an otherwise path breaking system.

We noticed this when testing out a floor model in a store once but we summed it up to being a demo unit. For us the only reason we ended up not buying one is because we have no way to rearrange our TV room that would fit with enough room between the TV and couch. Is this really all that common?

We noticed this when testing out a floor model in a store once but we summed it up to being a demo unit. For us the only reason we ended up not buying one is because we have no way to rearrange our TV room that would fit with enough room between the TV and couch. Is this really all that common?

There is a product out there call the Kinect Zoom. I had a chance to demo this at a trade show I was at. It seemed to work pretty good.

Here is a review of the Kinect Zoom

Engadget
Read the full review here: Direct Link
If you don't have a large living space and can wrestle with a few quirks, this peripheral could easily be worth your $30

Basically, the Zoom is analogous to a wide angle lens for the Kinect sensors. It does nothing to reduce the latency of the system, which means that the 30 dollars are nothing but a waste for me.

Back