Xbox One Kinect sometimes gets hard to hear you?

rkkeller

Old School casual player.
From
NJ
Anyone else having the occasional problem with kinect and it acts like it can't hear you now and then?

Mine works fine 95% of the time, then that 5% I can mute the sound and even talk directly into it and it
still does not register.

Then a little later it works fine again.

Yeah i have the same issue sometimes as well. Usually only on start up though. It needs to warm up our something

this is the exact reason i didnt want to pay an extra hundred dollars for the console just to have a kinect. the 5% fail ratio is 5% too much. if they had a no kinect option i would be an owner right now

My friends have kinect, but I don't want it. Not only is it pricey, but it doesn't work all of the time. I am going to pay for it once it works and Microsoft works out all of the bugs.

I also have some issues with it. It sometimes doesn't register, but it does work 90-95% of the time. I just hope that there aren't any other glitches on this. Either way, I am enjoying my Xbox One.
Mine works fine 95% of the time, then that 5% I can mute the sound and even talk directly into it and it
still does not register.

this is the exact reason i didnt want to pay an extra hundred dollars for the console just to have a kinect. the 5% fail ratio is 5% too much. if they had a no kinect option i would be an owner right now

It's day one, I did not really expect everything to be prefect, but 95% is more than acceptable to me.

If you waiting for them to remove the kinect, they will not, MS said it will never sell the Xbox One without it.

My cell phone has features I paid for and do not need, my computer came preinstalled with programs I paid
for and do not want, my stereo has features I paid for and do not need, my HDTV has features I paid for and
do not need.

So what do I do? I just don't use them.

It's day one, I did not really expect everything to be prefect, but 95% is more than acceptable to me.

If you waiting for them to remove the kinect, they will not, MS said it will never sell the Xbox One without it.

My cell phone has features I paid for and do not need, my computer came preinstalled with programs I paid
for and do not want, my stereo has features I paid for and do not need, my HDTV has features I paid for and
do not need.

Well said. It is an entertainment SYSTEM. Not just a "console". My vehicle came standard
with heated seats but it did not detour me from buying it. My Kinect works just fine.

do not need.

we've been through this before. those features are in every comparable device. Theyre not charging you more for it, but including it for the same price as every other smartphone.
if they are really never going to sell an xbox without the kinect anymore then the simple answer is i will never buy it

Now back ON TOPIC of this thread.

Next time anyone has a problem with the kinect hearing them, try muting or turning down your TV/Stereo some and see if it makes a difference.

Just curious if this makes any difference.

Now back ON TOPIC of this thread.

Next time anyone has a problem with the kinect hearing them, try muting or turning down your TV/Stereo some and see if it makes a difference.

Just curious if this makes any difference.

That seems to work for me. My center channel speaker is about a foot behind the Kinect so I figure it is probably making it hard for the Kinect to sort out my voice from the background noise. When I mute the receiver it works much better. Not 100%, but much better.

When I was playing with my friend, Kinect failed a lot of times. I kinda wish they focused more on improving the gaming aspect of the console than having things like this.

That seems to work for me. My center channel speaker is about a foot behind the Kinect so I figure it is probably making it hard for the Kinect to sort out my voice from the background noise. When I mute the receiver it works much better. Not 100%, but much better.

I noticed that too and wanted to see what others found. A lot of YT demos I saw with the kinect were in quiet rooms with nothing playing.
Mine is right in front of my TV and on top of the center speaker. I might get a TV mount so it is away from all this.

When it acts up, I mute or pause and then it works fine.

I see an adjustment in the settings, but can't get it 100%. I think the TV mount will help a lot.

I was thinking of doing that but if I mount it to the top it would put it over 6 ft high. They say in the instructions to keep it between 2-6ft. Not sure what I'm going to do.

I think eventually they will allow manual adjustment of the kinect instead of the "kinect can't hear me" option.

Mine is close to perfect in a semi quiet room. As soon as I turn on the surround sound and turn everything up, the
problems start.

I looked into mounting options and my kinect is really in the ideal location for me. I don't think I am going to move it,
just try to figure things out with the sound level in the room.

Back