Xbox 360 Kinect Woes

gamertag

Has owning a Kinect made you miss or appreciate traditional sit-down games? It sure has for me more often than it hasn't. I'll be dealing with yet another motion-tracking hang up and think, "This is the 'future' of gaming?"

Well, I don't own a Kinect myself, so I can only speak from the perspective of using someone else's when we visit their house, but as someone who uses both a Kinect and a traditional sit-down console, I like the variety. I think the Kinect, and other motion-tracking games, still have a long way to go, but I really think they'll improve with time. Even traditional consoles have been steadily improving since their invenvtion - think about how much better sound and graphics qualities are now than even 5 or 10 years ago.

Has owning a Kinect made you miss or appreciate traditional sit-down games? It sure has for me more often than it hasn't. I'll be dealing with yet another motion-tracking hang up and think, "This is the 'future' of gaming?"
From what I have seen, you can just turn off the kinect feature on the old sit down games like what your talking about. At least, that's the way it is in Skyrim according to Roosterteeth on Youtube. But I can't speak from experience, I don't have a kinect. Can you hook up a kinect to an "old" xbox 360 without the usb adapter? And if not, can you send me a link to a good one?

The Kinect games are only a good idea to me if you have a huge living room and want to have an additional way to entertain your friends or guests. It's a good party trick but definitely not anything close to the future of gaming.

Back