Xbox 360 L.A. Noire - Hours of Game Play versus Completion Percentage

I

Isabella

Who else here plays or has played L.A. Noire? My husband and I are each playing the game on separate saves. He's beaten the game once with 22 or 23 hours of gameplay, meanwhile I'm still working the traffic cases early in the game.

For those of you that have played, how many hours of game play did you have in the game when you beat it? What was your percentage of completion after you had finished the story line?

Lastly, have you beaten the game at 100% completion yet? If so, how long did it take you?

Well, I'm currently playing the game, but I haven't beaten it yet. I can't say how many hours of game play I had in it when I beat it, obviously, but I can say how many hours I have in it currently, and I'm somewhere around the 15 hour mark. I'm only on disc two though, so I think I still have a lot of cases left to solve. Also, I have been doing a lot of the side missions, like the street crimes, trying to unlock all the vehicles, and trying to find all the gold reels, so I probably have a lot more time in it than I would have if I were just sticking to the cases.

I haven't beaten the game either, but I read online that game creators cite 25 - 30 hours to complete the game, so Isabella's husband is right on track at 22-23 hours of playing time. One thing I'm curious about though, regarding 100% completion, is this: Can you even reach 100% completion without the DLC?

L.A. Noire is very long! It's a 3-disc game, and in my entire gaming history, I can only remember one other game that was spread out over that many discs - although, as a matter of fact, I think it was spread out over 4 discs. It's called Fear Effect, if anyone here remembers it, and unfortunately I never beat it. Back to L.A. Noire though, is anyone else here having trouble finding all the film reels?

I've only found a handful of the reels myself. I'm trying to find them without cheating and looking the information up online, but I'm having a really hard time with that. I think I may have to break down and print a map out, like I did when I was trying to find all the pigeons in Grand Theft Auto IV. If the reels are hidden as well as the pigeons were, I think some of them will be nearly impossible to find without a map.

Back