Latest PS3 hack could be the end of the system!

jstep

Former Moderator
From
The D
Just a heads up if you have a PS3-If you weren't aware...it got hacked. Again. Surprise! You can check out the full article here. The group taking credit for figuring out the LV0 decryption keys are "The Three Musketeers." This potentially means that any firmware update will not be able to "fix" this situation. This could quite possibly be a console ender here peoples. Here's another article that explains stuff a little more in depth. Wow, if this is it for the PS3, you can bet there are going to be some ANGRY people out there (myself being one of them). Wonder what Sony is going to say about this? What are your thoughts peeps?

Oh, and here's an article that made me laugh that was just posted 9 hours ago: Xbox 360 hasn’t won PS3 sales battle just yet
I'm having a hard time seeing how consumers can keep confidence in Sony and Sony's protection of their information. Yeah, I know. I a little biased
;)

Last edited:
Wow, again? Isn't this like the fifth time? Sorry guys, but you get what you pay for (or don't pay for).

A hack that would allow pirated games would definitely be good for consumers but a hack that targets sensitive information of users would definitely be a no-no.

I liked the it more when consoles were much simpler - no worries about hacks or anything. I'm more of a "traditional" gamer when it comes to consoles wherein I don't connect it to the internet, I don't download games or use credit cards online. All I do is purchase games from a local store and slap it up on my console.

I liked the it more when consoles were much simpler - no worries about hacks or anything. I'm more of a "traditional" gamer when it comes to consoles wherein I don't connect it to the internet, I don't download games or use credit cards online. All I do is purchase games from a local store and slap it up on my console.

I'm the same, but unfortunately I doubt whether or not that's going to be an option for much longer with all the anti-piracy shit floating around these days. We'll be lucky to even own a disk soon, everything is slowly migrating to Steam or other similar cloud-based gaming systems. I'm personally tired of being treated like a criminal because these companies can't figure out something that works to fight piracy.

As for this new hack, I can't say I'm surprised. Sony rebuilt their security network after the last hack and obviously it's already outlived its use. Obviously their security and networking team leave much to be desired, because I'm guessing it's only a matter of time before the next PSN hack occurs. Maybe Sony will get it right some say, but until then I will not be putting my secure information through their systems or buying anything offered in their digital stores. My games come from the store on a disk, and I will not buy games any other way as long as that option is available to me.

Little FYI, Its not a "HACK" for pirated games... its pretty simple actually lots of people do it for xbox, just a different fimrware

How many times has it been hacked now? It's a bit absurd. I guess you're paying for privacy with the xbox memberships.

I would be really upset if my personal information was hacked but I think it is a matter of getting what you pay for (or don't) as someone else noted. If Sony's records have been hacked that many times then maybe they should rethink their security measures.

How many times has it been hacked now? It's a bit absurd. I guess you're paying for privacy with the xbox memberships.

Then why do people constantly get their live accounts hacked? Mind you this has even happened to industry figure head live accounts. There was even some jerk on this forum that got banned for showing a way to hack.

I love the 360 as much as the next guy. But seriously, let's put this myth of "you pay for security or privacy" with Live because that's already been disproven.

And think about it, that kind of thing didn't happen when you could play your 360 games free online. Yet now that you have to pay for that portion all these hacks to get accounts stolen come up. So if you're paying for privacy and security, why is it comprised only after they make us pay?

Back