Xbox One Leaked video shows Xbox One dashboard in action

jstep

Former Moderator
From
The D
Oops! Looks like Microsoft trusted the wrong beta tester! Gameplanet reports that a beta tester has uploaded a two minute video showing the new Xbox One's dashboard. Can someone say Windows 8? Although this isn't super surprising, as we saw much of this via the various Microsoft press conferences at E3, etc. it does at least confirm that the final dashboard should pretty much look like what is seen in the video.

Interesting enough, the rest of the article goes on about SmartGlass. I'm hoping that SmartGlass for the Xbox One is better than the current SmartGlass, as I haven't been super thrilled by what I saw with SmartGlass on the 360. Anyone here excited for the new SmartGlass and plan on using it like crazy? They're saying that it will allow for up to 16 devices at once. I guess we'll see soon enough!

[video=youtube;1cFaqMEtEBk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=1cFaqMEtEBk[/video]

Via Gameplanet

No kidding , they locked that down in a hurry

Bummer! I was to slow :) But on the bright side someone has taken screen shots of the video and posted it. Looks really good guys. It has the Windows 8 appearance which I actually like :) I'd post the link but I have to get 25 posts first :)

Bummer! I was to slow :) But on the bright side someone has taken screen shots of the video and posted it. Looks really good guys. It has the Windows 8 appearance which I actually like :) I'd post the link but I have to get 25 posts first :)

It is beta so it's buggy. I don't really like the Windows 8 metro so it is what it is. I hope they have a nicer music player this time. I like being able to move in and out of a game or any other app back to the dashboard though.

Yowza! Yeah...I guess that means I was on top of breaking Xbox news, right? lol They sure did take that down quick!

Oops! Looks like Microsoft trusted the wrong beta tester! Gameplanet reports that a beta tester has uploaded a two minute video showing the new Xbox One's dashboard. Can someone say Windows 8? Although this isn't super surprising, as we saw much of this via the various Microsoft press conferences at E3, etc. it does at least confirm that the final dashboard should pretty much look like what is seen in the video.

Interesting enough, the rest of the article goes on about SmartGlass. I'm hoping that SmartGlass for the Xbox One is better than the current SmartGlass, as I haven't been super thrilled by what I saw with SmartGlass on the 360. Anyone here excited for the new SmartGlass and plan on using it like crazy? They're saying that it will allow for up to 16 devices at once. I guess we'll see soon enough!

[video=youtube;4b29jUoqHu4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4b29jUoqHu4[/video]

Via Gameplanet

Kotaku has made a copy of the video for use. Check it out here: http://kotaku.com/watch-some-hot-se...ion-right-no-1274487845/1275090651?autoplay=1
Feel free to add it to the OP

Darn, I missed it. I have a feeling, though, that there were some slick people who caught it and copied it. I will keep searching for it.

if a mod can pm me their email i have a ripped version if you are willing to host it.. its 2:23 sec.

its a flv file and i have tried to upload to my photobucket but its not converting for me.

it works for me

why it lasts
[video=youtube;QDlPs7Xx2gA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QDlPs7Xx2gA[/video]

Good to see. Im sure since this was a BETA it will be more lively on launch. LOVE the smoothness of it from game to dashboard

Good to see. Im sure since this was a BETA it will be more lively on launch. LOVE the smoothness of it from game to dashboard

I too like the smoothness.. Coming from the ps3 where the load time is around 5-8 seconds going from game to menu. Though I guess that's comparing apples to oranges too :)

i still dont like how many windows it has... it may be streamline but its already cluttered with 100 tabs on the homescreen.

i cant say much more than that. its all beta( we know the generals of it.) and im sure its still slower than launch and like the kid said i cant do much since the games are in beta.

i cant see it changing much from what you see. it looks farmiliar to the xbox release (looks faster than the initial release) and what we have seen with general shwoing from e3 and other big conventions/info releases. i just wish they went more styleish than surface/table interface.

i still dont like how many windows it has... it may be streamline but its already cluttered with 100 tabs on the homescreen.

i cant say much more than that. its all beta( we know the generals of it.) and im sure its still slower than launch and like the kid said i cant do much since the games are in beta.

i cant see it changing much from what you see. it looks farmiliar to the xbox release (looks faster than the initial release) and what we have seen with general shwoing from e3 and other big conventions/info releases. i just wish they went more styleish than surface/table interface.

Windows 8 is their brand, I knew they wouldn't stray too far.

It actually looks pretty cool. I like it. Haha and there's that kabillion dollar controller ;)

My guess is that in the final version, you will be able to customise how big and where the tiles go seeing how it's practically a windows 8 port.

Back