Less Than a Year After Launch, Sony Ends Support For 'PlayStation All-Stars'

Clark Bruce

Sony Ends Support For 'PlayStation All-Stars'

Bad news for gamers that are still playing and invested in Sony PlayStation All Stars Battle Royale as it has been confirmed by Sony that no more DLC for the game will be released. The reason for this hasn't been stated but it is safe to assume that because the game didn't do too well sales wise, Sony may have had to cut their losses and were simply forced to stop supporting the game.

I think that the PlayStation All Starts was inherently flawed and bound to degrade. It was very much a 'kinect' kind of move where they have a good idea, they quickly mash it together, and then they leave it alone and expect it to work miracles. There was simply not enough attention put into it , and the game itself was just average at best in comparison to some of the other beat em' up games.

I have never played this game, but I'm not surprised by the news. PS has been notorious for releasing random bits of software and gaming that they say they love and will support as much as they can with their hearts, minds and bodies and then wah wah they close it down. Most of their ideas that fall into that category usually aren't very good, but the more DLC than Marvel thing did crack me up.

The game was pretty cool. Really sad it's death. Wish Sony would have given it away on Playstation Plus to try to build a bigger fanbase and then started releasing good DLC characters like Darth or whatever. Game still had some life left. Oh well. Still a solid, fun game.

Back