Xbox One Let's Be Honest.

spleendingo

From
Michigan
I'm going to start off by saying I'm a huge Titanfall fan. The game "does it" for me much like the original "Halo" did on the original Xbox. What do I mean by that? Well, the game has a presence all its own. It's fast paced, unpredictable, and loads of fun. Ever since the game released, there have been NUMEROUS articles, blog posts, and opinions about the ability of this game to withstand the test of time. From "it's too short" to "It's too repetitive" have come up over and over again.

The same can be said for almost ANY game out there. From "Call of Duty" to "World of Warcraft". Gain XP, shoot and kill your way to victory, upgrade. The standard stuff. What makes this game appealing to me is its ability to engage the player. In the same match you will be running on the ground trying to avert the flying bullets of the competition and getting into your Titan and causing mayhem and destruction as you move towards your goal. I can't tell you the number of times I've been on the losing end of things for the first part of a match. But then the Titans come into play. And we preserver and turn the tables on the other team.

I've had great, close, "last minute" decides matches. And I've had "never stood a chance from the get go" matches. But the important thing is I've ALWAYS HAD FUN playing. This is one of the few games I know of where getting teamed up with a group of random players can be exhilarating and frustrating at the same time. It's like you play two different games each match.

I remember winning my first game of "Last Titan Standing" and feeling like a bad a**. I also remember playing the very next match and feeling like a complete noob! The matchmaking in this game wasn't ideal at first. But they've listened to the fans. They seem intent on continuing to do so in fact. It's getting better every time I play.

While this is certainly not the "HALO" they were looking for, I think it's a fine start for the One. What do you think?

I don't think Titanfall is a game that is going to stand the test of time. I'm going to be really pessimistic and say it's going to be pretty dead in two years. Well, not really dead, more like it's going to be pretty slow and not have a bustling community. I totally understand what you mean about winning LTS, but I can personally find that in a few other games too. It's a great game but somehow the experience of playing it isn't that unique to me.

Back