Let's Plays. I Don't Like Them

It really all depends not only on the game itself, but the person doing them as well. The majority of let's plays are done by people who are either extremely boring with no personality or people who are too obnoxious. Seriously, the only person who's let's plays I watch are theradbrad's. That dude is extremely funny and he also knows how to play the games he does videos on as well. It's no wonder that he has over a million subscribers already.

Don't watch them then? I like watching games I haven't played for the simple idea that I may end up liking it after watching someone else play it.

I usually don't care for the commentary or the let's plays, but many people will post let's plays on newly released titles or, now, consoles. It can essentially play a good role in reviewing a title where mere words in an article will fail to give you the entire picture. This way you can better decide whether or not the game in question is one worth getting based on the game play. Sometimes those recording these LPs will reveal secrets about the game that are easier acquired with a visual representation rather than text on a cheats site, once again illustrating they can be useful. My opinion holds for newly released titles, though, I see no point in doing an LP on a game that's five years old unless it's the first you're hearing of it.

I only watch them if I want to play a game but don't have enough money to buy it. I know i'm better off just saving up to buy and play the game myself, but I just get too impatient and just watch other people play it. If I get really impatient I just look up the synopsis online.

When the let's play videos first started popping up I thought that they were neat. However, now it seems like everyone and their grandma wants to make them and shove them in our faces. I'm sorry, but watching other people play a game is only fun if you and a few friends are playing a drinking game based on how many times the player gets killed horribly. Ah, for the days of 'nintendo hard' games.

I find them fun, its fun when the commentator makes jokes and just sounds really excited.

When I am at home near my xbox and computer and can play the games myself I don't really ever watch let's plays. The good thing about Let's Plays for me is I can watch videos and stuff at work while I'm working on other projects and work so that is when I end up watching a lot of them. While I would much rather play the game itself they are nice for me when I'm at work. I wonder who you guys think have the best Let's plays I could watch at work.

I guess it all depends on who you watch and when you watch them. I like certain people because they are entertaining and read the game text. The reading game text part is cool because I usually watch them about 99% of the time while playing another game. Some games have great stories and I am a sucker for good story telling, but I don't have the time to play a whole bunch of new games, I can barely keep up with the ones I do. So its nice to be able to just watch someone else play it and experience the story with them.

Never watched one until The Las of Us came out (don't own a PS3 and really wanted to check it out), so I stumbled upon youtube user Dashie. He's so funny lmao, I only ever watch his LP's when I'm bored.

I don't really enjoy them, but my friend loves them. I've always just thought that you'd play the video game they're playing rather than watching someone else play it. That's how I see it anyway.

Some letsplays are really good. In my opinion, it depends on who is playing them. There are a few youtube channels that do it better, like gamegrumps, who are actually really funny sometimes. People who just scream or talk about random stuff are not fun for me.

Sometimes they're good but only if it's like a really funny guy or girl playing them.

Back