Xbox 360 Madden 25: Anniversary Edition - What do you think?

Joker99352

From
Washington
Here's the Madden 25 Anniversary Edition Amazon page: Amazon.com: Madden NFL 25 (Anniversary Edition): Xbox 360: Video Games

I'm a big fan of the Madden NFL games, and NFL in general, so I'm all over this game. I know a lot of people say it's the "same thing" in a different package, but loyal fans to the franchise notice the differences right away. I haven't played Madden 13, so I haven't tried the new engine yet.

Anyway, the Anniversary Edition comes with a bunch of bonus content, including a 17-week pass for NFL Sunday Ticket on mobile devices and computers. Personally, I'm planning on buying a tablet pretty soon, so it would be a great thing to have. Buying NFL Sunday Ticket on its own is over $200, but with the Anniversary Edition you technically only pay $40 (since this edition is $99.99 instead of $59.99). There are other DirecTV offers included, but I'm not really concerned with those.

What do you guys think? Is it worth it? Or is it just a gimmick?

i think last football/sports game i played or bought was madden 2010 i get the hype about madden games nothing really has changed. the 99 dollar price +the season pass is ok. i dont follow sports that much or care so it dosnt do much for me.

They've done a complete flip over at EA, so I'm expecting this game to be better than say, the last 7 years or so in titles of Madden.

Maybe I have low standards, but I've liked the past few Madden games I've played (I've had 07, 09, 10, and 12). I can tell that they're changing things up, and not everything is 100% smooth, but I generally enjoy the games quite a bit. I don't get into them as extensively as other players do with the franchise modes and those sorts of things, but I'm hoping to get into those more with Madden 25.

I know the price tag is high, but an additional $40 for the NFL Sunday ticket alone is a good deal, all things considered. I really liked Ultimate Team in Madden 12, so I like the idea of the bonus packs there; it's just not a selling point for me.

I already got NFL Redzone and Madden '12. This is a pretty weak gimmick in my opinion. Most people that already watch football have something like an NFL ticket, and those that just want the game don't want to shell out the extra cash for something that they will never use.

Yeah, people who aren't certain that they would use the service shouldn't buy the anniversary edition. Is Redzone any good on its own? That's sort of an added bonus for me, since I'm more interested in NFL Sunday ticket. I'm a fan of the San Francisco 49ers, but I live in Washington state where they hardly ever play the games. It's always Seattle Seahawks games on local stations, so unless they're playing the 49ers there's hardly ever any chance to see those games unless I find a stream online, and those are usually horrible quality.

There's an offer for $10 off each month for the first year (or something like that) of DirecTV service, so I could pass that along to a friend who would be interested in it. We already have DirecTV, but there's no way we're paying over $200 for Sunday Ticket. Having to watch on a smaller screen is a small price to pay to get it for such a low price, so it's worth it in my opinion (especially since the smaller screen is in HD).

Back