Xbox One Marketing for Kinect and Kinect 2.0

jacobf5

Microsoft went mad with the marketing for project Natal, and it broke the Guinness World Record for the fastest selling device. It is said that Kinect 2.0 will be released with the Xbox 720, so the marketing won't be specific to Kinect, but to the 720 as whole. Do you think this is a good idea? If this happens, will you get the Kinect 2.0 or just the Xbox 720?

Don't think the marketing technique would work.
People don't like the kinect, they won't buy it.
Unless they release it in a bundle (which i think that's what you're trying to say) for a discounted price, it might work.

They either bundle it with the console, or it's going to crash and burn.

Seriously, tell me one GOOD reason for me to get the Kinect right now? All games are gimmicky and nothing feels right for it.

So what will the new kinect do? Just play the games for me while I sit down and have some snacks? I'm going to work, just gonna let my kinect finish the game and get the achievements, because I'm pretty bad at the game anyway :)). They will probably say something like new motion capturing features bla bla. Nope, don't need it!

I seriously hope they don't make consumers buy the Kinect by forcing a bundle and increasing the price. The Kinect is terrible in my opinion, since I'm neither a 10 year old or a middle aged guy with a family to play it with. The only "party" games that I play are sports games and since the Kinect isn't for people who play alone, though there may be people that like playing Dance Revolution by themselves, I don't want it. The only way to make the Kinect work is to include it for no extra price which I doubt Microsoft will do.

Back