Xbox One Matchmaking with Smart Match

ozadin

Some people are talking about how the new matchmaking system will work out on multiplayer games when it was first introduced at E3, and how the system will put you in your targeted group whether it's mature, immature, or casual. Smart Match is exactly what matchmaking needs, and Microsoft clarifies on it. Smart Match will find the perfect players for your game which is determined by their skill, language and reputation, frees up your time which means you can multi-task now instead of waiting in the lobby, and lets you know when your game is ready. Great features, and I'm really looking forward to it.

When we revealed Xbox One to the world in May, we introduced Smart Match. We then unveiled more details on our next generation matchmaking system at E3, and since then we’ve heard you would like to hear more about it.

Via News.Xbox

So its basically alt/tab now and it only cost 3gb of RAM! How about they make matchmaking fast :) Just kidding, it would be nice especially as I imagine you won't need to stare at some kind of game install anymore. The Smart Match though sounds interesting. I frequently get matched up with people either much better or not as good etc. Hopefully you can match with people who have mic's etc.

Smart Match is something that should really fall to devs, not the console, but I guess since less and less people were doing it, Microsoft stepped in and are trying to police it, now.

Sounds pretty cool actually when you think about it, I mean even more so if you can actually change some settings so that you can match up more based on what you enjoy in people you play games with. Also in the way of skill level that makes it sound like you won't have to play with someone who will beat you in the game 10-1 but will actually be a challenge you could beat. Can't wait to actually see how all of this will actually end up working.

Back