Xbox One maybe someone can clarify?

Gamerdog24

I was told by a gamestop employee that the xbox 360 will be able to be hooked into the xbox one to allow you to stream your xbox 360 games to the xbox one and play them on the xbox one, can anyone clarify this?

That's just a Reddit rumor that was suggested from an interview with Major Nelson months ago. Who knows if its true, and there has not been any clarification on it since. Don't put too much stock into it. As of now, the Xbox One is still not backwards compatible with any 360 games.

it is tru. u can use the hdmi input from your 360 into your xbox one.

they are calling it HDMI pass-through to play Xbox 360 via Xbox One

Interviewer: "... you're buying an Xbox One and you're worried about that stuff not transferring over ... I have friends that might be weary of purchasing an XBLA game right now because they know that it won't go to their next console and they're already planning to buy that ... so there's HDMI CEC on Xbox One for instance and I'm wondering, am I able to plug in a 360 via HDMI to my Xbox One and then play it through the Xbox One?"

Marc Whitten: *starts to grin and smile* I think those are great ideas and we should talk about them more in the future.. *huge smile and lots of head nodding... ending in a huge smile that lasted so long you could think the video froze for a second*

Interviewer: That's an interesting answer

Marc Whitten: You know what? The thing I'll tell you is, you're right the platform is not backwards compatible. We believe everybody's going to still have a lot of Xbox 360s, we think it's going to be a great place to buy games, to play games, to sort of interact with your community... and I want people to feel like that the Xbox 360 and the Xbox One work really well together. So I'll sort of leave it at that, but there's a lot of things I think you can do there, both in LIVE and making sure that's one community, and frankly even more directly how those products can work together

hope that helps.

@sc_shark

That doesn't confirm anything - the interviewer (who isn't named) makes some insinuations about a work around, and the supposed Marc Whitten just sorts of tries to dance around the whole situation hence - " a huge smile that lasted so long you could think the video froze for a second". The supposed Marc Whitten basically says that the platform isn't backward compatible, but hopefully something can be worked out regard Live and its community. That's it. Nothing more or less.

As of now, that's just a big rumor that got way out of hand. Currently, Microsoft has no plans for backwards compatibility, only that they will look into sometime in the future, While it's not the most important thing, I can definitely see why so many people want it. That's why I'm really looking forward to seeing if Sony can actually pull off their new streaming service Gaikai when it launches next year.

Seems like it'd just run the video through it, right? I mean, I don't even see why this is useful, except I guess it could free up an HDMI port on your TV. What do I know though, I've been confused about why the Xbox One has an HDMI input from the start. The only plausible explanation I've heard is that you'd need the HDMI-in for using your Xbox One as your "cable box/DVR" or whatever you want to call it. I think it's a shame though because you'd think as things advance we could have less crap cluttering up our TV area instead of more. I guess Microsoft envisions us with an Xbox 360 plugged into a cable box plugged into the Xbox One?

the hdmi port is marketed for digital cable box hmi input so it can support the hd tv networking. normal digital cable that passes thru comcast/time warner is not always high deff and most channels are not high deff. the tv in the spare room has the hard cable going directly into the tv it gets a ton of the same clutter. their are 3 channel 36 and 1 is a blue screen. digital cable goes much higher and has dedicated hd if your package consists of this.

hear is the article+quote

You can plug an Xbox 360 into the Xbox One, says Major Nelson • News • Xbox One • Eurogamer.net

Published Monday, 17 June 2013

Xbox Live director of programming Larry Hryb - better known as Major Nelson - has revealed that you can plug an Xbox 360 into the Xbox One using the new HDMI-in port on the console.

"Absolutely; you can certainly plug an Xbox 360 in the back - that was one of my first questions when I heard about the [HDMI-in] feature,"

[video=youtube;2lMhjM9BK7M]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2lMhjM9BK7M&feature=youtu.be[/video]

So, no possibility of playing Xbox 360 games through streaming? Wasn't there a rumor that the Xbox One had backwards compatibility? Because that would solve the entire problem right from the get go.

So, no possibility of playing Xbox 360 games through streaming? Wasn't there a rumor that the Xbox One had backwards compatibility? Because that would solve the entire problem right from the get go.

Not sure where you've heard that one but it was confirmed that the Xbox One will not have backwards compatibility. There were some rumours saying that they are considering it and it's not out of the question, but as of now they have not said anything solid on the matter so for now I would still assume that there will be no backwards compatibility at all. But then, you never know what might come up at gamescom.

I wouldn't really bet on it. I really doubt you would be able to actually play Xbox 360 games on Xbox One this way.

The max that I can see happening is, you may be able to hook your 360 to your One using the HDMI port it has. Then, it will show the Xbox 360's interface and such instead of the TV one but you would still need to use your 360 controller to use it.

It's like a console inside a console...consoleception!

This is weird, I keep hearing conflicting reports about it. I'm gonna wait until there's a solid report on whether it's possible or not but I think it's just a rumor at the moment.

Here's the thing ... why would you want to connect your 360 to the XB1 to be able to play the 360 game on the XB1 that you could ALREADY be playing on the 360 that you already have plugged in? Seriously, you have the game and the console, what's the point? I seriously doubt running a game through two systems and multiple cables honestly makes it load faster or have better frame rates.

Hush Oni! Stop using all that logic. Seriously though people are just being kind of obtuse about this - if you have 360 then the thought should be to use it to play 360 games and such. Why you need to have your 360 interact with your Xbone. Did people try to plug their GameCube into their Wii? Did people try to plug their Xbox original into their 360? Nah - they just played their old stuff on the old system and their new stuff on the new system. It isn't a big deal I would think.

people are just finding crap to gripe about with the xb1.. ps4 dosnt have backwards compadability or a way to play ps3 games thru it. because their is a hdmi(in) port people are finding a way to make it sound bad.

hear is logic. most tv's have 3-4 hdmi in ports. use one for your 360 and xb1.. i have a feeling the people with allot to say about xb1 didn't pre order and had no intention on it. with how many million 360 players that leaves a big window tto thro rocks at with the xb1.

Back