memorials

Allyson

Has anyone here ever started, attended or heard of an in game memorial for someone that has passed? Some friends had one over the weekend for a dear buddy of ours, I was not able to attend due to a family emergency but I think its kind of cool that they could get it organized and setup.

Hmm, that's really interesting. Thanks for helping me learn something new! I haven't heard of in-game memorials, just in-game proposals. I think if they were a gamer, that's a nice way to remember them by.

Thankfully none of my gaming friends have ever passed away, but I would definitely do something like this. If we can spend a lot of time having fun playing video games, we can certainly take some time to have a memorial. I think that's a really nice way to show respect.

A friend ended up recording it so a few days later we had a get together to sit down and watch it, followed by the friends favorite drink of all time too. It was pretty interesting to watch and I was amazed at the level of respect, even the GM's in game were keeping people (trolls) at bay with an auto ban ready and waiting.

Back