Xbox One Metal Gear Solid Ground Zeroes Might Be Very Short.

heavensdevil

According to a preview of a near-finished build in the latest print edition of Game Informer Magazine, Metal Gear Solid: Ground Zeroes' campaign can be completed in two hours.

As reported by Kotaku, Game Informer finished the main mission in the prequel to Metal Gear Solid V: Phantom Pain in "less than two hours," although it's important to note this did not include side-quests or extra modes.

Source: IGN

Lol, what??? If it's indeed true I'm not going to buy it unless it's sold at a very reasonable price. Who would want to pay full price for a game that's only two hours long??? $30 is still a little steep for that amount of game time. However, in its defense, this does not include side missions and extras.

Lol, what??? If it's indeed true I'm not going to buy it unless it's sold at a very reasonable price. Who would want to pay full price for a game that's only two hours long??? $30 is still a little steep for that amount of game time. However, in its defense, this does not include side missions and extras.

I agree, I hope they can just make it at least $20.

Kotaku also reported that a Konami speed runner finished it within 5 minutes.

I'll just be sure to rent this one. I'm definitely looking forward to playing it. But not enough to pay $40 for it. That's ridiculous. I'm sure it'll be a great 2 hours though!

2 hours? thats way too short, no value for money at all, maybe they'll offset by creating a ton of content

I agree, I hope they can just make it at least $20.

According to news, the digital versions will be $20 while retail versions are $30. As for my thoughts on this, well whaddya expect? It's a prologue after all. It's like Metal Gear Solid 2 and 3: they had prologues before the main game and those didn't last long. But I do feel disappointed about this on account that back in 2012, Kojima claimed Ground Zeroes would be a big game. Turns out, when he revealed Phantom Pain, he was actually referring to Phantom Pain. Probably his quote was misunderstood in context. Whatever the case, this is a prologue so that's what we all got to expect.

I'll just be sure to rent this one. I'm definitely looking forward to playing it. But not enough to pay $40 for it. That's ridiculous. I'm sure it'll be a great 2 hours though!

That could be right. Some of the shortest games always had great experience to give so maybe the 2 hours in this prologue will rock and roll. Plus, there's the ridiculously awesome extra missions Sony and MSFT have for their respective consoles. Pixelated Solid Snake and Cyber Ninja Raiden!

I'm not surprised. It's a prologue! Prologue's don't last long. So it still follows the tradition of MGS 2 and 3 having prologues that'll last you for a while. Hmmm... rather wait until Phantom Pain is done so at LEAST I can play Ground Zeroes and THEN Phantom Pain. Or just wait until it's on sale.

I'm hoping that if I hold up now from buying that when Phantom Pain releases there will be a bundled version with both Ground Zeroes and Phantom Pain. That way I don't have to puchace them separately and maybe the bundled price could be cheaper too.

I'm hoping that if I hold up now from buying that when Phantom Pain releases there will be a bundled version with both Ground Zeroes and Phantom Pain. That way I don't have to puchace them separately and maybe the bundled price could be cheaper too.

It would be really nice if they could bundle them both. I hope we can really get both at the same time.

I'm not surprised. It's a prologue! Prologue's don't last long. So it still follows the tradition of MGS 2 and 3 having prologues that'll last you for a while. Hmmm... rather wait until Phantom Pain is done so at LEAST I can play Ground Zeroes and THEN Phantom Pain. Or just wait until it's on sale.

I'll probably hold back on buying this since I've seen your comments about it. I don't like something that would be finished in 2 hours.

I'll probably hold back on buying this since I've seen your comments about it. I don't like something that would be finished in 2 hours.

Yeah, then there's the amount of side missions you can do. Even then, that's kinda unforgiving in price. Would you believe that for the last-gen, $20 digital and $30 retail but the current-gen is $30 and retail is $40?!!!! Wow man, that's way too much. Sure that replayability is high with all side missions but it still doesn't let me forget the pricing. $40... that can get me two good PS3 games already with longer playing hours.

I like that y'all are ignoring that it's 2 hours for ONLY the main missions.

Skyrim is around 8 hours for just the main missions, hundreds if you do it all...

Skyrim is around 8 hours for just the main missions, hundreds if you do it all...

I'm ignoring it, but for a 2 hour campaign I'm also not going to ignore a $60 price tag. The walking dead episodes are longer than that and cost less both per episode or for the season pass

I'm ignoring it, but for a 2 hour campaign I'm also not going to ignore a $60 price tag. The walking dead episodes are longer than that and cost less both per episode or for the season pass

I'd rather buy something else to be honest, with that much for just a game that would last 2 hours, it's not worth the price.

It's not gonna cost 60. As far as I know the price is between 20 and 30. I heard 20 for digital and 30 for retail.

I don't care about how short it is as long as it's GOOD and, again, 2 hours for just the campaign. Noone whined about FO3's short campaign because they were busy playing the whole game which lasted over 80 hours.

Agreed. But then again, I bought the game in a bundle which gave me other games at $5 in Humble Bundle so it was on the cheap. And no it's not $60, it's $30 digital and $40 retail. Still, that's a lot to ask for.

I'm not ignoring it but we have no idea how long the side missions will be as well. If the side missions total up to nothing longer than an average DLC then it's still not worth the price. I don't see why the need to have a separate release for a prologue that is supposed to be only 2 hours long.

Back