Xbox 360 Microsft is phasing out Points in Windows 8

WannaPlay

Microsoft announced today that they will be phasing out Points in Windows 8. You will however, be able to use the points on the Xbox 360 console at least for the time being.

You mean Microsoft points? I didn't know they had anything going on with points in Windows 7. Can you explain how it works?

I don't like the idea. You can frequently find deals on points. I have like 12,000 points right now in my account and use Bing rewards search to earn more. I like being able to have contests reward me in points as well. All that goes away with an actual money system. I also do not want to put my credit card in my console and prefer to purchase cards.

I have half price ms points cards that I have not added to my Xbox yet. I assume that there will be a transition period where your points will be converted into MS cash. The PS3 has cards that you can buy to purchase content, free of game companies knowing/storing/losing credit card numbers. There are Wii points, but I've barely bothered with them. I hope Xbox rewards still works, firing out MS cash instead of points every month.

It seems these points could come in handy. Why would Microsoft phase them out anyway?

In my opinion, the points should be continued in Windows 8 and in the ruomored X720 console.

It seems these points could come in handy. Why would Microsoft phase them out anyway?

In my opinion, the points should be continued in Windows 8 and in the ruomored X720 console.

The points will continue to work on the Xbox 360, and may continue onto the "720", but Microsoft doesn't want to dabble in points on Windows 8. They want real cash. I found sales on points, and use them on discounted games. I don't want to upgrade to Windows 8 anytime soon.

Back