Xbox One Microsoft Confirms Next-Gen Xbox Announcement for May 21st

codboy2230

I just got this on my Twitter feed.
Microsoft Confirms Next-Gen Xbox Announcement for May 21st
Does anyone have any ideas on what is going?
Are you getting hyped for it?

Maybe they're dropping the Windows 8 nonsense? God I hope so. It's a recipe for disaster. And forced consumerism on its face.

I hope for Microsoft to be ditching the Windows 8 idea too, it's a really bad idea to be honest. I hope Microsoft can listen to it's consumers on this.

I hope for Microsoft to be ditching the Windows 8 idea too, it's a really bad idea to be honest. I hope Microsoft can listen to it's consumers on this.

It's not just bad it's frustrating and insulting. To take a product that you cannot sell as much as you thought you could, and attach it to a newer product that can raise the price. And force people to use the product people mostly rejected? Seriously? Can you imagine if people turned down for dates operated this way?

The question is, are they going to show what the console will be able to do? Will they showcase some exclusive titles for the console?

Because if they just jerk around the social networking concept again, they lose my respect!

The question is, are they going to show what the console will be able to do? Will they showcase some exclusive titles for the console?

Because if they just jerk around the social networking concept again, they lose my respect!

I can't really see that happening, to be honest. Although they've disappointed before.

With all the talk of these new games being released, I think they will actually start showing the capabilities, look and attributes to the actual console and get people hyped up.

Is Windows also announcing that Windows 8 update codename "Blue" or something like that? I've heard that one of the rumors with the new update for Windows 8 is that it will return back to 7 and XP style start menu, and one can only hope they have enough sense to do that.

As for the Xbox 720, hopefully they give the darn thing it's official name, and show off some of it's features that don't involve ESPN, Netflix, Pizza Hut, Hulu and so on.

So this is pretty much an announcement about an announcement that they are going to make in a few weeks... Whatever they announce, I hope they feature new games and new capabilities that we're all anxious to see. Maybe some demos for some upcoming comes like BF4, who knows, haha. I suppose we have to wait and see for ourselves.

3 things I want on the next gen console: IllumiRoom, backwards compatibility, and insane power. The feature I'm most excited about is the IllumiRoom. I don't know how it'll work, but I hope it isn't too expensive. Those are my thoughts on the new console. I just need to wait and see what goes down on the 21st.

Is Windows also announcing that Windows 8 update codename "Blue" or something like that? I've heard that one of the rumors with the new update for Windows 8 is that it will return back to 7 and XP style start menu, and one can only hope they have enough sense to do that.

As for the Xbox 720, hopefully they give the darn thing it's official name, and show off some of it's features that don't involve ESPN, Netflix, Pizza Hut, Hulu and so on.

Interesting news about Windows 8. So when is this new Windows 8 redo expected to hit the market? If it will bring back the task bar and start menu of Windows XP and 7 then I will definitely buy it just to be current.

The IllumiRoom feature will make the new Xbox more expensive. I could see it going for $600+ if that featured is integrated and not a separated attractable device.

I'll not pay $600 for a gaming console. I thought the $300 for X-BOX 360 way back when was steep. But $600? Hmm. Not likely. I'll definitely be waiting for a price drop if that happens.

Nobody is willing to pay so much for an device that's mainly for gaming! Unless you're really rich and ignorant! Why buy a gaming console for 600$ when you can save up a few more months a buy the best possible gaming PC? Or go buy a playstation, that certainly won't be 600$! I really, really don't believe in the 600 figure... at most, it will cost 400.

I heard it was going to be streamed to your Xbox 360 on May 21st, the event held in Washington. I can't wait to see what new features will be implemented in the Xbox 720. New developers, new everything. Excited!

Nobody is willing to pay so much for an device that's mainly for gaming! Unless you're really rich and ignorant! Why buy a gaming console for 600$ when you can save up a few more months a buy the best possible gaming PC? Or go buy a playstation, that certainly won't be 600$! I really, really don't believe in the 600 figure... at most, it will cost 400.

Isn't the whole point of gaming self indulgence? Also don't forget that "Must buy" exclusives do exist so until those aren't exclusives then consoles will always do well. Though I agree 600 would suck I def don't see it being outta the picture. I mean It'll attract alot of negitive press but look at sony, they seemed to do alright.

Back