Xbox One Microsoft has Purchased Skype

zmaras

From
Indiana
Microsoft bought Skype, so I think its safe to say that this technology will be used in the Xbox 720. I haven't read anything on it yet, but I wouldn't mind seeing Skype technology used to replace the current Xbox Live chat system, and maybe allow for a small video box on the corner of the screen so that you can see who you are talking to while you play your game. What's everyone else think about this? Has anyone read any news articles that have solid evidence supporting this possibility?

Uh, you're a couple years late. I think they probably will integrate it into the 720, but they wouldn't spend 8 billion for that reason alone. They like to have a network of software for every possible facet of daily life.

I had no idea actually o_O. I guess that makes sense now that I think about it... I'm definitely ok with this. Skype is easily the best messenger that's on the market, at least in my opinion, and possibly combining it with the next generation of consoles could make things such as LPing on Youtube that much easier. Actually wait, not even that, with Skype's capabilities, Xbox Live Party Chat could be taken to the next level! Especially if they add video capabilities as well (hopefully with a video camera better than the Kinect... >_<. I miss the old vision camera personally lol).

Wow I once used skype that thing is insane. I installed it and was like BAM now I'm talking to my computer and someone is talking to theirs. Seriously some crazy future technology here today.

Microsoft loves to stick their nose in everything. So they just buy things up, this has been going on for centuries. Kinda sucks tho cause now we gotta redownload MSN and maybe pay for some of it. Well that is something crazy in this post 911 world.

Anyways. microsoft is a good company and we should do as we are told. RIGHT~!

Please tell me that you're joking? OH GREAT. Now I must prepare myself for unnecessary advertising and creepy stalkerish companies listening in on my conversations and such. I swear, Microsoft is slowly becoming an monopoly.

I never knew Skype was own by Microsoft. I assume that's why Xbox has been known for its great online communication. Now that I think about it, Skype may be the reason why Xbox has the party chat system. Thanks for the share though!

Skype with a Kinect would be sweet! I have thought that is a good idea before, the Kinect messenger thing is a little restrictive, to just other Kinects, but fully integrated with Skype would let me Kinect call him off in college! Hope they take advantage of this!

Back