Xbox One Microsoft Hiring People To Post On Reddit

I think that it is a great idea for microsoft to hire people to talk about the Xbox 1 on Reddit. This seems like a good idea because as a new product the company wants to make it more well known and publicized. Any way that can make the xbox 1 more well known is beter. Since the Xbox 1 is most commonly compared to the PS4 for next generation gaming, having an outlet to express good is very helpful. Anyway the Xbox one can have better PR is good.

Hmm, posts on social networks seem to be the holy grail of marketing and promotion right now and I completely get it.
Being able to directly create targeted 'ad' campaigns that look like genuine social banter from actual users is pretty much as good as your best mates saying, oh yeah, that Xbox One is totally awesome!

What I am unsure about though is whether its wrong or right for staff of a company to allow employees o create and post on these forums. I definitely see that it looks bad as it could be looked at as false testimony and simply down right treacherous as staff are paid to do a job.
However, who better than to give testimony of what a great or poor product has been made than by the people who made it?

In some ways, having those who created the product posting their thoughts about it on social networks allows us to have insider knowledge on what these companies think about their own work. There is actually nothing wrong with bigging up and promoting your work, we all do it.

I had heard about this is well. Still it's not like this is anything new as many companies have been doing this for years. Luckily Microsoft reversed their always online and used games policies so this should no longer be an issue. Still even though Microsoft changes, the fact they wanted to do something like doesn't sit right with me and I'm willing to bet this won't be the last we see of the issues of DRM and always online.

Back