Xbox One Microsoft To Double Down On Making TV Shows For Xbox One

KN1GHTMARE

Former Moderator
From
NJ
Website
socialclub.rockstargames.com
Hey Guys & Gals, found an interesting article about Microsoft's entertainment aspects. Enjoy!

Microsoft Corp will follow its Steven Spielberg collaboration with more television projects aimed at positioning its new Xbox games console as a home entertainment hub. Microsoft's Xbox One console, unveiled in May, will be released in tandem with a Spielberg-produced television series based on the Halo game series."We are very close" to announcing similar projects before year-end, said Microsoft Studios Vice President Phil Spencer in an interview in Tokyo on Wednesday.There will also be Xbox One-exclusive television content unrelated to games, "but I do think there will be a certain level of interactivity to what we do."

This could be a really good thing for the XB1 and may launch them well into the casual market. Many people today do not have cable or satellite and instead use service like Hulu or Netflix, throw in some original programming and the XB! is one great buy. I don't know how many of you say "Forward onto Dawn" (which I recommend you watch) right before the launch of Halo 4, but it was a great concept and fun to watch. I would imagine anything going forward would be better overall which could make for some good TV. The article had some more information so be sure to check it out!

Source: Bloomberg

I'm not surprised. Netflix and I think Amazon Video are doing the same thing. It helps them leverage against the networks and the shows that they'd like to have available in their offerings. I'm sure every content provider is looking at "Orange is the New Black" with stars in their eyes.

So basically Xbox is turning from a gaming platform to a Sky box or free view box. It seems like they are turning into the wii a bit. But Xbox will probably be a great entertainment hub.

So basically Xbox is turning from a gaming platform to a Sky box or free view box. It seems like they are turning into the wii a bit. But Xbox will probably be a great entertainment hub.

I don't think this makes them any less of a gaming console, but like you said it does also make them a great entertainment hub.

It's a solid idea. People are going to be spending big money on the XBox 1, so being able to use it for as many things as possible becomes a huge plus for the marketing team. Personally I'm getting it to play the games, but some of the content they're supposedly releasing is helping me make the decision on getting it ASAP. Knowing I'm spending that much money, I want it to act as an entertainment system and XBox 1 certainly is making it a point to achieve this

I am not interested in tv shows at all, even if they have to do with gaming. I game for the ability to control my entertainment and to interact. I don't want to passively sit there and stare at a tv show. It's why I rarely turn on my tv for anything but gaming these days. I'll turn it on for sports viewing but that's about it.

It's a solid idea. People are going to be spending big money on the XBox 1, so being able to use it for as many things as possible becomes a huge plus for the marketing team. Personally I'm getting it to play the games, but some of the content they're supposedly releasing is helping me make the decision on getting it ASAP. Knowing I'm spending that much money, I want it to act as an entertainment system and XBox 1 certainly is making it a point to achieve this

I was thinking about this. Even when my husband was reading that article,he was talking about how it would be a well spend money considering its function will be so much more than just a gaming console. Personally it would be a great gift for 'both' of us since I like to be able to watch my tv shows while he'd like to be able to play games on it so it's a win win.

I think this is a great idea for Xbox to implement. It gives it an extra reason for people to buy it. Now that it offers television, people will be more likely to buy it or pay more for it. I liked having the Wii capability to go onto Netflix, so I'm picturing something like that for the Xbox. It was one of my favorite features on the Wii that I had.

Pretty ambitious, but with a name like Spielberg on board it has to be worth something. I think they need a great breadth of material to even remotely compete with Netflix in that regard. This could be a case of Microsoft trying to do too much, but we can't really know for sure until we see the shows ourselves now, can we?

Yes I agree, Microsoft adding a tv show program for us to use is awesome. The more features they add to the Xbox One, the more likely I'll buy it. Seeing as how the Xbox One will cost $100 more than the Playstation, I was hoping to get my money's worth.

I was thinking about this. Even when my husband was reading that article,he was talking about how it would be a well spend money considering its function will be so much more than just a gaming console. Personally it would be a great gift for 'both' of us since I like to be able to watch my tv shows while he'd like to be able to play games on it so it's a win win.

Yea, I'm hoping my wife gets some use out of the XB1 via all the TV features

Back