Xbox One Most disappointing game so far?

deathbyprayer

What's your bet on this? Mine would probably be Watch Dogs. The game is good don't worry but I can't help but feel kind of disappointed with the game. When I first played it I was really excited but about an hour in I was like "Oh this game is cool, now what?" I feel like the game sort of lacks something that I can't put my fingers on. I think the game was kind of over hyped.

I'm inclined to say Ryse. I don't know what I was really expecting but when I played the game I found it repetitive and kinda linear. It was saved by the graphics, those looked sweet! As for Watch Dogs, since you mention the game, that didn't live to my expectations either. The trailers made it look like this awesome game with lots of options, a game where you're some sort of cyber god, but in the end it failed to deliver memorable gameplay.

I'm inclined to say Ryse. I don't know what I was really expecting but when I played the game I found it repetitive and kinda linear. It was saved by the graphics, those looked sweet! As for Watch Dogs, since you mention the game, that didn't live to my expectations either. The trailers made it look like this awesome game with lots of options, a game where you're some sort of cyber god, but in the end it failed to deliver memorable gameplay.

Yeah Ryse was another game I thought to be really really great but it turns out it's just, well it's just another game save for the awesome graphics. I know right, but what really took the cake for me on Watch Dogs is the fact that it has been delayed a few times so I thought it was really something big.

Ryse and Titanfall have both been somewhat disappointing to me. I just got tired of both way too quickly to justify the $60 price tag each one had.

To me is probably Thief. I've played the old Thief games and loved them. I thought the new Thief is going to revitalize the series but turned out to be a Dishonored ripoff minus the magic. Most disappointing purchase for me thus far.

To me is probably Thief. I've played the old Thief games and loved them. I thought the new Thief is going to revitalize the series but turned out to be a Dishonored ripoff minus the magic. Most disappointing purchase for me thus far.

Oh yeah I totally forgot about that game (see, it was so disappointing I forgot to even put it on my list) It's not a bad game really it's just too much of the same thing as any other game which makes it really boring.

Ryse and Titanfall have both been somewhat disappointing to me. I just got tired of both way too quickly to justify the $60 price tag each one had.

Titanfall I kind of expected that it's not going to be something really great because most shooters of today no matter how much praise it gathers kind still falls short to awe me that's why I'm really not getting my hopes high on Destiny yet.

I was really disappointed with Watch Dogs, I mean to some extent i did enjoy it, but the main protagonist Aiden and the repetitive gameplay just really bored me. I couldn't wait to finish it for all the wrong reasons.

I was really disappointed with Watch Dogs, I mean to some extent i did enjoy it, but the main protagonist Aiden and the repetitive gameplay just really bored me. I couldn't wait to finish it for all the wrong reasons.

LOL Same here. I got the same feeling for the game as I did with the first Assassin's Creed game, you know the game is good it it's own way but it's so repetitive that you just want to end it and move on.

for me and my purchases assasins creed black flag... i just cant grind it or do the parkour stuff any more... been months and i look at the game and cant bring myself to play it..

watch dogs looks like a fun game as a story mission.. but the hacking and such is redundant..
forza5 is just a grind and if you dont multiplayer race you dont unlock any acheivments really...

I agree, Watchdogs was pretty disappointing. Don't get me wrong, its a great game, but the hype train that built up to it was just way to big for it to fulfill. Ubisoft constantly does this, and has repetitive games where you capture some kind of base, with a lackluster story. The characters in Watchdogs were so boring and generic, and the graphics downgrade didn't even help in any way. People thought it would be the new Half life or Elder Scrolls, but Ubisoft failed to deliver to the millions of people who thought it was going to be the best game ever made. Also, you can't melee pedestrians or jump, which is really pathetic since it's an open world game, and the pedestrians are so boring and lifeless.

I agree, Watchdogs was pretty disappointing. Don't get me wrong, its a great game, but the hype train that built up to it was just way to big for it to fulfill. Ubisoft constantly does this, and has repetitive games where you capture some kind of base, with a lackluster story. The characters in Watchdogs were so boring and generic, and the graphics downgrade didn't even help in any way. People thought it would be the new Half life or Elder Scrolls, but Ubisoft failed to deliver to the millions of people who thought it was going to be the best game ever made. Also, you can't melee pedestrians or jump, which is really pathetic since it's an open world game, and the pedestrians are so boring and lifeless.

if we are going off hype allone.. titanfall takes the cake

For me, Titanfall met most of the hype. It was a fun game with the inherent flaws that come with first-person shooters AKA redundant gameplay and genre fatigue. Watch Dogs is still the game that just disappointed beyond belief. The game was lackluster in almost every aspect, and hacking was brutal. Sure, they made it simple by pressing a single button, but there's no real fun in that besides the novelty. Huge disappointment.

Ah yes, this one too. Same as you, I played the original Thief games and loved them. Can't say the same about the 2014 title. They stripped a lot of elements iconic to the Thief series and delivered a not so memorable game with little freedom to explore and a set path.

When I first saw the trailer for Ryse, it seemed like the best game of the year (at least to me). I was really really disappointed with the results when it came up. Nothing like the trailer IMO.

Yeah, for me watchdogs was the most dissappointing. Never really got into it, it was just boring. Hardly played it and ended up trading it in to bestbuy in which i got 30 for it and picked up diablo 3. That was fun on my pc back wehn it came out and i am having more fun with that leveling up a new character than i ever did with watchdogs. I thought ryse was okay, fun to play but nothing gamebreaking. Not upset with that purchase like i was watchdogs

І'm nоt thе tуре tо соmрlаіn аbоut а gаmе І gоt 300 hоurs оut оf, but І wаs dіsарроіntеd іn оnе аsресt оf Dіаblо 3. Ѕресіfісаllу thаt І gоt thе gаmе wіth thе іntеntіоn оf rеunіtіng wіth оld gаmіng buddіеs аnd hаvіng tоns оf fun multірlауеr, whісh І mоst сеrtаіnlу dіd, untіl wе hіt Іnfеrnо. Аt whісh роіnt thе gаmе's multірlауеr bесаmе 'sоlо whіlе tаlkіng tо frіеnds іn vеnt'.

Νоw, І wаsn't gоіng іntо thе gаmе ехресtіng іt tо bе WоW 2 wіth аn еndgаmе І соuld јust wаltz thrоugh аnd соllесt lооt, І wаntеd іnfеrnо tо bе hаrd аnd аn аltеrnаtіvе tо еаsіlу fаrmіng Неll аll dау. Вut thеу wеnt соmрlеtеlу оvеrbоаrd wіth thе grоuр sсаlіng mесhаnісs, frоm whаt І'vе hеаrd thеу'vе lоng sіnсе rеmоvеd thеm sо І must bе rіght. Wе hаd а sоlіd 4 mаn grоuр frоm 1-60 nоrmаl tо hеll but іt fеll араrt соmрlеtеlу thе sесоnd wе hіt іnfеrnо. Оn tор оf thаt, fаrmіng аnуthіng bеfоrе асt 3 іnfеrnо wаs mоstlу а wаstе оf tіmе, sо І wаs fоrсеd іntо thе hаrdеr аrеаs whеrе іt wаs еvеn mоrе dіffісult tо survіvе wіth а grоuр.

І stорреd рlауіng thе dау bеfоrе thеу tооk оut thе mоnstеr dаmаgе sсаlіng - І hаd јust bеаtеn іnfеrnо dіаblо wіth mу mоnk frіеnd, аftеr thаt 45 mіnutе fіght І'd hаd еnоugh Dіаblо 3 fоr а lоng tіmе. Νоtе thаt І'm nоt sауіng thе gаmе іs bаd, јust thаt І wаs dіsарроіntеd thаt mу рlаns fоr іt dіdn't wоrk оut. І mіght еvеn stіll bе рlауіng іt іf thеу hаd іmрlеmеntеd thоsе grоuріng сhаngеs bеfоrе lаunсh.

The most disappointing game that I think that I had high hopes for was Titanfall also because the game creators did not make many game modes to further extend the games message and make it a more fun and playable game. I also thought that the graphics for the Xbox 360 and Xbox One were merely identical to myself. Now I was expecting something better than Call Of Duty where more skill would be placed and needed, everyone gets a titan which is something I do not like because than it opens the door for a younger audience and places the game in the same category as Call Of Duty, the reason Call Of Duty is I think is a child game because the weapons and I think the spawns. I think if it was for other gaming consoles it would increases its popularity and many more people could be introduced to the game but Microsoft clearly did it for marketing reasons. I could be wrong about my choice of game but this is my opinion and I have not been swayed by anyone else.

Ryse and Watch Dogs, they both showed off their graphics immensely and then their gameplay was absolute trash..

Back