Xbox 360 Mouse & Keyboard OR Pad?!!?

benj0145

Hi guys,

quick question out of curiousity:

If you could get a keyboard and mouse to work on the xbox 360 as a bindable control method (like it works on PC) would you use them?

I see how amazing some people are with gamepads aiming etc in first person shooters, and I cannot believe how accurate ppl are. I started out playing FPS games on pc and seem to be set in the mouse and keyboard way for life.

Thoughts please :)

It all boils down to what game you are playing. I'd use a mouse and keyboard setup for playing FPS games, RTS games, and point-and-click games. For all other games like sports, racing, RPGs, adventure, etc., I'd go with a game pad. For dance games, then I prefer Kinect.

I probably wouldn't use it. I know people talk accuracy this and that. But I'm just not comfortable with a mouse and keyboard. That's part of the reason I don't game on my computer that much in the first place.

If they make it an option, then great. But if they make it mandatory, then they'll lose me as a customer.

I probably wouldn't use it. I know people talk accuracy this and that. But I'm just not comfortable with a mouse and keyboard. That's part of the reason I don't game on my computer that much in the first place.

If they make it an option, then great. But if they make it mandatory, then they'll lose me as a customer.

If a keyboard and mouse setup would be available for the Xbox, I think it would be optional. If they would make it mandatory, then there would be nothing left to separate the Xbox from the PC.

If a keyboard and mouse setup would be available for the Xbox, I think it would be optional. If they would make it mandatory, then there would be nothing left to separate the Xbox from the PC.

Well, that's almost true. Aside from the live fees and better/upgradeable graphics cards and things of the sort.

I personally prefer aiming with a mouse. For some reason, it's so much easier for me. But what I like about Xbox controller, is that it's 10 times more confortable than a keyboard and a mouse.

I would love to use a mouse and keyboard. The Xbox 360 controller feels so awkward after being a PC gamer most of my life; a $1,000 on Steam later and my hands are fine-tuned for mice. I read about an adapter that allows you to run your wireless mouse and keyboard with ease. I'm not sure how effective something like that would be, though, having that without a proper driver installation, some of these peripherals don't even work.

You would imagine if something like that really did work there would be serious coverage, of gamers might think twice before dismissing the 360, and I assume the hardcore multiplayer people would have something to complain about!!

If it's a FPS game, K&M for sure.
If it's something like racing, strategy, or anything else besides shooters, I'll go with my controller.

I'm so used to using the Xbox controller for all aspects of gaming on the Xbox, that I can't honestly say that I would use a keyboard and mouse.

Probably not. I'm not a huge console gamer as it is... When I play a console, I want to have a controller in my hands.
If I wanted a mouse and keyboard, I would've stayed in my normal zone; computer gaming.

mouse and keyboard. I wouldn't switch to the pad even if I was paid, I don't find it as fun and I prefer the easy access the keyboard gives me in writing messages on the fly.

My game setup has involved my using the 360 joystick on my computer lately using an interface I like. It's not as good on the computer as on the xbox360 but it does most everything I need, including pwn in game.

Back