Xbox One My biggest gripe with The Division is...

troutski

I think The Division looks incredibly interesting and fun to play. However, I do have a gripe with it that comes from its very nature as an MMORPG and shooter combined. I'm not a fan of the damage numbers popping up over an enemy's head when they're struck for damage. I know that most people don't care, but I want this game to be slightly more realistic by taking out little mechanics like that. I'm all right with a barely noticeable health bar, but the numbers bother me. I'm assuming that most people don't share my gripe. It's not the biggest issue in the world for me, but it's something I'm just not a fan of for shooters.

For some reason, that didn't even cross my mind. I'm hoping they give you the option to turn off some of the HUD and display elements, such as the damage counters. Some games don't let you do it, and it can ruin the experience in some ways. Either way, I hope you're right!

take it with a grain of salt..

division is very hush on what it is... not much has been shown, not allot of real video/leaks have come out... why i love the idea of the game i get worried they bit of more than they could chew and just are no where near as close and we hope.... every clip is of the same area and as vast as it is suppose to be thats not a good thing in my eyes.

I'm also not a fan of the system. It doesn't seem right to have such a feature in what is otherwise intended to be a realistic game, in terms of visuals and gameplay logic in general. I don't like having so much health and being able to take so much damage that I simply don't care when I get hit by two or three bullets. It eliminates that craving for survival and the thrill of being shot at in multiplayer.

I know some people will more likely have the opposite opinion and that's fine, but I'm personally not a fan of it.

Yeah, definitely some growing pains with this game. I would say temporary screen elements would be better than constant elements, something that makes more sense would be cool but I think they're aiming for fps+mmo pretty hard with this one

After playing the game the last two days I can say it looks really good and plays fast. But has some major issues in deciding on whether it wants to be a RPG game or a more traditional Tom Clancy shooter with the strategy.

Major complaints is that although the game looks great it all looks the same and feels very cheap in how empty everything seems yet there are seemingly hundreds of bullets flying at you from all directions.

The "Dark Zone" area is a good way to upgrade your character quick when you gain access but that gets monotonous and feels almost like a cheat. Along with the fact that some enemies can take endless shots from powerful weapons takes a ton of realism out of this game for me.

Overall I would day pass on The Division 2.5 out of 5

The Division I think looks to me like one of those games that's all hype, and not much substance.

Obviously I'll reserve my judgment till after I've played it, but apart from it having a good storyline and looking good, I'm not sure there's going to be too much under the surface to keep somebody playing.

At this point, I'm already pretty much burned out on this game. I tried, I really tried, but there is just something missing for me that I cannot put my finger on. It isn't the worst, but it has this weird identity crisis that stops you from doing exactly what you want to do and puts walls in your way.

Considering the game is a brand new release, as a player that's thinking about buying it to hear you say your already burnt out with the game is a little off putting. I think I may wait a bit longer to see what others are feeling aswell before I spend that amount of money on the game.

Back