Xbox 360 My Xbox won't read discs (Help)

TeHDruiD

Alright guys, so for the last few months I've been dealing with my xbox not reading discs. Usually I'd open the tray a few times and it'd eventually work so I knew something was happening, but it was still working so I kind of let it slide. Well yesterday I tried for 4 hours on and off trying to get the disc to read and it wouldn't. Is their anything I can do to clean the laser or make it work, or do I have to ship it to xbox/buy a new xbox?

I don't think you'll have to buy a new Xbox..I think it's probably just a malfunctioning laser that reads the discs. call your local Gamestop or other game dealer to see if they offer repair services. Some do, some don't, but most will be willing to at least take a look at it and make a recommendation as to where you can take it for repair if they can't do it on site. You should be able to get this repaired locally rather than sending it to Microsoft for repair.

Mine did this recently. I tried to fix it myself but to no avail. I contacted a repair guy and he said that the laser was dead for good. And so is the story of how my 3 year old slim kicked the bucket. I just got a new one yesterday and have had no problems so far. Pray you have a warranty, my friend.

Do you hear the disc spin when you put it in? If you do then most probably a dead laser. If it doesn't spin at all, there is a huge possibility that the motor is dead. If it's a weak or dead laser, a little pot tweaking might prolong the inevitable but if it's the motor, you'll have to call it in.

Alright guys, so for the last few months I've been dealing with my xbox not reading discs. Usually I'd open the tray a few times and it'd eventually work so I knew something was happening, but it was still working so I kind of let it slide. Well yesterday I tried for 4 hours on and off trying to get the disc to read and it wouldn't. Is their anything I can do to clean the laser or make it work, or do I have to ship it to xbox/buy a new xbox?

Had this happen twice with my Xbox 360's. I think the first one lasted like 6 months before it crashed after I slapped the hell out of it. Faulty disc drive.

Back