Xbox 360 my xbox wont read discs

fartinggrunt

i put in a game and it says one of 3 things unreadable disc open tray or play game.
so when it says play game if you click it it will sign me out kick me offline then reset and take me to the dashbourd and still read play game. so now i have to click game info for the info to load and sometimes actually read the game. if it dose then it works fine and theres no other problem but it usley dont and its hella anoing and driveing me crazy. it will only work 80% of the time on 2 games [black ops 2 and halo 4] and the rest has no chance. i tryed all i can think but takeing it apart but if i do it voids the wornty becuse i got it perownd at game stop. so the only thing left to do is see if i can trade for a working one. if you can help fix this problem i wold be vary thankful becuse it is makeing me so angry im geting sick and comeing close to self harm becuse the 2 games i have that work are geting boreing and i dont want to be board for ever.

If other game discs are unreadable, then most likely it’s the optical disc reader that is faulty. This is not something that you can fix it yourself, better contact the dealer where you bought it from and check if it is still under warranty. It requires some replacement.

Have you tried installing the games to the hard drive[/URL]?
Listen to this man! I had this issue with several of my games and it instantly got fixed after I installed them. It is very easy to do and does not take very long.

Listen to this man! I had this issue with several of my games and it instantly got fixed after I installed them. It is very easy to do and does not take very long.

Well, how you can install the game if it is unreadable in the first place?

Unless you remove the drive and use another console, then save the game. However this does not work for some games due to licensing issue.

The said it can sometimes read the disc. If that's the case, then installing it to the HD when the system can read the disc may be a fix for the issue. Albeit not a permanent fix,especially if 80% of the games won't read at all. Ultimately it sounds like they will have to 1. replace the HD, 2. send the system into Microsoft for service if still under warranty, or 3. look into getting a new Xbox.

Back