Necropolis delayed

Ringo

There is some disappointing news for gamers. Harebrained Schemes said that its major launch the Necropolis, will roll out later than scheduled for XBox One(and PS4). This is a major disappointment because the original launch date was as close as March 17.

Oh no, I was looking forward to Necropolis and now this is a big disappointment. Every time one of the games I look forward to gets delayed I go into a near depression. Anyway, let's hope they bring it out in a few months.

Wеll I kind оf disаgrее with thаt tо bе fаir аs Оutlаst, Еlitе Dаngеrоus, Thе Witсhеr, Сrysis, Kеrbаl Sрасе Рrоgrаm, Divinity Оriginаl Sin, Dirt Rаlly,Diаblо3 аnd Аssеttо Соrsа tо nаmе а fеw wеrеn't rеgаrdеd аs "оld nеws" whеn thеy wеrе роrtеd tо thе соnsоlе sоmеtimеs uр tо а yеаr оr mоrе аftеr it оriginаlly wеnt оn sаlе оn РС. I аm surе whеn Risе оf thе Tоmb Rаidеr lаunсhеs оn РS4 in а fеw mоnths timе it wоn't bе rеgаrdеd аs оld nеw еithеr аnd whеn GTА5 wаs роrtеd tо РС it wаsn't rеgаrdеd аs оld nеws аnd асtuаlly sоld а lоt аs РС gаmеrs wеrе hаррy with thе еffоrt thаt wеnt intо it.

Thе fасt оf thе mаttеr is thаt thеy аlrеаdy sоld рrе-оrdеrs fоr thе gаmе stаting it wоuld lаunсh оn РС аt а сеrtаin dаtе whiсh hаs nоw bееn рut bасk sо I саn sее why аnyоnе whо рrе-оrdеrеd wоuld bе uрsеt аs thе рrе-оrdеrеd bесаusе thеy wеrе еxсitеd tо рlаy it , оnly fоr it tо bе hеld bасk sо it саn lаunсh thе sаmе dаy оn оthеr рlаtfоrms. Try tо rеmеmbеr why реорlе рrе-оrdеr. Mе I dоn't rеаlly саrе аs I wоn't bе buying it аt аll, hоwеvеr this is bаd mаnnеrs rеаlly.

Gamers are always going to get annoyed by games that get delayed, but this is something that we've always had to deal with so for me it's not that big of an issue.

Sure, if your looking forward to a game then it's disappointing but I'd rather a game get delayed but when it comes out be as good as it can be, rather than it get rushed through to meet the deadline but then be full of flaws and glitches.

It's a normal thing for gamers to get mad over the fact that a long awaited game is having a delay in its arrival, but as @pwarbi said, we'd better wait more and have a great game, than get it sooner with tons of bugs.

Anyway, as I have been into the gaming industry for a while, I know how it's like to find out that you simply can't put up until the deadline and you know you have to announce a delay, believe me, those guy did everything they could to bring out the game on time, it simply was not possible.

The game developers are bound to come under criticism, but I think a lot of the time they're under too much pressure themselves from the powers that be to come out with a release date in the first place.

When I see a date in a game for example summer 2017...I take it with a pinch of salt because how can they predict what's going to happen in that games development for over a year away?

Hope they did it to put out a better version of the game. Sometimes it really works.

While your correct and sometimes it's delayed to make a game better, it's usually down to the current development of a game just being delayed for whatever reason.

What annoys me the most is that more often than not the software houses don't even bother coming up with a reason or an excuse for the delay, they just expect that we'll put up with it.

I love it being delayed, everytime I hear a game is being delayed I just hear that they need more time for their game. It's the best possible outcome and people don't realize it, it means they aren't shipping it with issues.

Sometimes that isn't the case though and there's been many games that have been delayed time and time again and then when eventually released still been full of bugs.

Software developers should just set their deadlines more realistically and instead of saying it will be definitely released in time for Christmas for example, just say it's going to be released when it's ready.

Well is it just me or does it seem like a lot more games are being delayed these days then we are used to seeing. I am trying to decide whether it is just me being more active in the communities and maybe just hearing about them more, but it does seem like it is happening a lot more than usual. Anyways, I do hope that it means the quality is better when they do come out, but I guess we will just have to wait and see. Thanks for sharing.

Back